• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Have you tried Late Shift? It’s a short experience but if you can get it on discount it may be worth a go if you want an interactive movie type game.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Checked it out just now, looks good. Thanks for the recommendation.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2018-01-27

PM

I finally played through Day of the Tentacle Remastered and Full Throttle Remastered last week. Both were insanely fun and brought back so many memories! That those Remastered versions even exist feels like a miracle to me, and I sure hope Double Fine will release a few more once Psychonauts 2 is done.

Joined 2018-01-27

PM

Continuing my Double Fine Remastered marathon, I just finished Grim Fandango last night. I enjoyed it a whole lot more than when I first played it in 1998. Perhaps I was too young to understand the plot and its emotional meaning back then, but it’s a fantastic adventure full of heart. And the dialog writing and voice acting is just over the top! It’s insanely good! I can’t remember better dialog and acting in like, well, forever.

In fact, I can’t wait to replay it again and see if there are any conversations I may have missed.

And please forgive my double posting. I HAD to share this! Smile

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Bluamy - 31 January 2018 02:16 PM

I just finished Grim Fandango last night. I enjoyed it a whole lot more than when I first played it in 1998. Perhaps I was too young to understand the plot and its emotional meaning back then, but it’s a fantastic adventure full of heart. And the dialog writing and voice acting is just over the top! It’s insanely good! I can’t remember better dialog and acting in like, well, forever.

In fact, I can’t wait to replay it again and see if there are any conversations I may have missed.

Hi Bluamy, & welcome to Adventure Gamers!  Smile

If you want to replay Grim Fandango (Remastered) have you thought about submitting it for the next Community Playthrough where you can share your experience of the game with other players as you go along? (That’s if it wins the vote of course!)  Smile

Joined 2018-01-27

PM

chrissie - 31 January 2018 02:30 PM

Hi Bluamy, & welcome to Adventure Gamers!  Smile

If you want to replay Grim Fandango (Remastered) have you thought about submitting it for the next Community Playthrough where you can share your experience of the game with other players as you go along? (That’s if it wins the vote of course!)  Smile

Thanks for the welcome!

Sure, I’d love to replay the game alongside other forum members. I’ll follow your suggestion and submit it.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Finished Late Shift twice. Both endings were bad but very different. The story is kind of bizar and has gaping plot holes, so it took me a while to suspend my enormous amount of disbelief. But the acting was competent and all in all it was definitely an enjoyable experience. It’s unclear to me which choices actually influence the outcome, cause I often ended up in the same situation in my second playthrough.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got quite a few more recent ‘commercial’ games I’ve downloaded to catch up with but I go with my mood & have recently played (mostly reasonable length Freeware) which have been more ‘traditional’ games: 
A Raindog Story - I just loved this story despite the dodgy graphics (using real actors) of a budding musician trying to get a band together - somehow it came across as quite ‘arty’.
Doc Apocalypse - this was an updated version with the main protagonist I wonder being based on Paul Nicholas when he spoke? (yes, voice-acting) & again the story was intriguing!
Dirty Split - I was always intrigued by the art-style but it was another game that had an interesting story if quite simplistic game-play.
Donald Dowell and the Ghost of Barker Manor - A good length game with plenty of challenge & humour.
The Hector Badge of Carnage series - not a Freeware game! I loved the investigative mystery but hated the obnoxious protagonist i.e. Hector - there was a lot of humour in the game but quite a lot of it, & his awful attitude, made me cringe but if you can get over that it was a good & fun game otherwise! Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I finally got around to playing Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today & loved the story, the characters, the gameplay & the artwork which seemed appropriate for the mood of the game. I was completely engrossed in the world for the duration of the game but was perhaps a little disappointed with the concept of the story which concluded in a way I didn’t find overly convincing or satisfying despite a clever idea?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 04 February 2018 09:54 AM

I’ve got quite a few more recent ‘commercial’ games I’ve downloaded to catch up with but I go with my mood & have recently played (mostly reasonable length Freeware) which have been more ‘traditional’ games: 
A Raindog Story - I just loved this story despite the dodgy graphics (using real actors) of a budding musician trying to get a band together - somehow it came across as quite ‘arty’.
Doc Apocalypse - this was an updated version with the main protagonist I wonder being based on Paul Nicholas when he spoke? (yes, voice-acting) & again the story was intriguing!
Dirty Split - I was always intrigued by the art-style but it was another game that had an interesting story if quite simplistic game-play.
Donald Dowell and the Ghost of Barker Manor - A good length game with plenty of challenge & humour.

anice collection of freewares i weren’t keen to know about except Dirty Split!... i oughta try the rest

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 07 February 2018 02:08 PM

anice collection of freewares i weren’t keen to know about except Dirty Split!... i oughta try the rest

I don’t think AG fans that are very used to paying for publicised games should always regard game accessible for free as inferior & not take a look.
For starters please try Donald Dowell - I don’t understand even why that’s free as it’s a very competent game & at least on a par with or better than some other games you pay for.
On the Freeware front there are a lot of amazing ideas & occasionally some full length AGs that are worthy of being sold commercially!
Of the 4 games I mentioned, despite it’s slick graphics for the time, & the interesting story Dirty Split wasn’t my favourite!  Smile   

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Donald Dowell was excellent.  It’s a good point that just because a game is free you shouldn’t assume it’s lower quality than a commercial game!

Total Posts: 1254

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 07 February 2018 01:56 PM

I finally got around to playing Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today & loved the story, the characters, the gameplay & the artwork which seemed appropriate for the mood of the game. I was completely engrossed in the world for the duration of the game but was perhaps a little disappointed with the concept of the story which concluded in a way I didn’t find overly convincing or satisfying despite a clever idea?

chrissie, it is supossed to have a second part, that’s why the ending is not… conclusive.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’ve played this one just a couple weeks ago, I thought it was enjoyable, pretty straightforward but not in a bad way. I liked the stylized graphics and, even though I wouldn’t call it outright comedy, it was a very uplifting game. The soundtrack fit the paperback detective atmosphere to a T.

I’ve just finished Syberia 1, constant backtracing was tedious but gosh, was the scenery gorgeous! There was one particular puzzle for which I did not care involving a blood sample that I had absolutely no idea how to take, but apart from this it didn’t give me too much trouble, contrary to what I had feared given the number of contraptions in your way. Turns out Kate never actually had to put her mechanics skills to the test, and neither did I, which is just fine by me. Also, I’m feeling a certain urge to plan a trip to the spa.

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

I finished The Samaritan Paradox recently and really enjoyed the development of the characters and plot plus the game within the game. The puzzles were quite logical and made sense. Not the longest but not super short either.

One of my most enjoyable adventure experiences and well worth a play.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top