• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do we need to evaluate/discuss Daedalic’s achievements & future ?

Poll: What is your favourite Daedalic game so far?
Total Votes: 86
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
The Whispered World
A New Beginning
Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes
Deponia
The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Chaos on Deponia
The Night of the Rabbit
Memoria
Goodbye Deponia
Fire

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Mr Underhill - 29 July 2019 01:13 PM

Can confirm that feature is cool as hell, which is why we’ve included it in Gibbous. It *really* makes the voice acting budget balloon up, but it’s totally worth it.

I guess no one here played my own game or paid attention but Demetrios is the same - there are hundreds of dialogue for item combinations, pretty much all are unique.

For my new game in development I did restrict this a bit because… Well, 22,000 lines of speech ^^’ (Demetrios didn’t have speech so this was easier)

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Daedalic Entertainment (Bavaria) seems to regain their interest in adventure games by publishing two Point Clicks adventures next year,  Life of Delta and Children of Silentown, with the latter Demo/Prologue, already released last year.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Advie - 12 November 2021 08:31 PM

Daedalic Entertainment (Bavaria) seems to regain their interest in adventure games by publishing two Point Clicks adventures next year,  Life of Delta and Children of Silentown, with the latter Demo/Prologue, already released last year.

Those are terrific news!!!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Excellent news! Maybe they will return to adventure developing as well. Life of Delta in particular looks promising, like a love child of Machinarium and Primordia.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Children of Silentown is alright. Adorable and cute in a spooky sort of way, didn’t blow my socks off, but I think the game has potential to be good, and the aesthetics are quite unique. I’m keeping my eye on it.

“Life of Delta” to me was… not terribly exciting? They release the demo for seasonal Steam fests from time to time. It felt like a solid point’n'click, just a bit generic maybe. Didn’t grab my attention at all, but there’s nothing particularly wrong with it that I can point out. A matter of taste, probably.

I think their biggest title in development is “The Lord of The Rings: Gollum” though - a “story-driven action adventure” with what looks like stealth elements. I know their marketing is working overtime putting it all kinds of “most anticipated indies” compilations out there. Can’t say that I ever waned to play Gollum, but I hope they will do something great with it. Might as well.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

DCast - 13 November 2021 05:02 PM

Children of Silentown is alright. Adorable and cute in a spooky sort of way, didn’t blow my socks off, but I think the game has potential to be good, and the aesthetics are quite unique. I’m keeping my eye on it.

“Life of Delta” to me was… not terribly exciting? They release the demo for seasonal Steam fests from time to time. It felt like a solid point’n'click, just a bit generic maybe. Didn’t grab my attention at all, but there’s nothing particularly wrong with it that I can point out. A matter of taste, probably.

I think their biggest title in development is “The Lord of The Rings: Gollum” though - a “story-driven action adventure” with what looks like stealth elements. I know their marketing is working overtime putting it all kinds of “most anticipated indies” compilations out there. Can’t say that I ever waned to play Gollum, but I hope they will do something great with it. Might as well.

I have absolutely no interest in a story driven lord of the rings
game in which I already know the story.The thought of the odd action element to the story leaves me with an even greater feeling of boredom.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

mo54 - 14 November 2021 06:39 PM

I have absolutely no interest in a story driven lord of the rings
game in which I already know the story.The thought of the odd action element to the story leaves me with an even greater feeling of boredom.

I’m surprised they went with this too and feel along the same lines. I do like stealth games, but unless they will come up with another “Thief” and some crazy plot twists, I’m not really interested either.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

No one else is questioning the need for the “The Lord of the Rings:” title to come before “Gollum”?

I could be wrong but I don’t think anyone will see a game box on the shelves with “Gollum” on it and think to themselves “Cool! A new Star Wars game!!”

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Grin

Yeah good point.

Maybe they’re holding on to the one word title, for a gritty character study/origin story.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top