• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tourism games

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Velorond - 28 July 2012 04:32 PM

I made my own adventure game a while back. It´s also in Sweden like the Carol Reed games.
You could try that if you want.
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6135&highlight=artifact

I would love to try your game Velorond but I get this message when trying to download it from your link…

This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Oscar

Does Sterlings Gift meet your requirements?

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Dienerstrasse - 13 July 2012 03:16 PM

Well, I know that many of the GK3 locations at least exist very much for real. I can’t speak for GK1, but I do think it feels more genuine than just a generic “we’re in this country now, no really!” game. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cemetery, the lake and the university featured in the game (can’t remember their names now) all exist for real, for example. How well the VGA graphics correspond to the real thing is another matter, of course. Tongue

I heard that the church in GK3 is very much like the real one in Rennes-le-Chateau.

Barrow Hill should certainly be on the list, just like The Lost Crown. Last year I went to Cornwall and made lots of pictures of sites that are in those games. See my Flickr set, here. And I’m certainly not the only one who visited those places.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

LA Noire best visually intact ag coz real time 3d,most historical sightseeing there,
and dont mind not taking place at present old LA much more charming than today.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-09-07

PM

GreyFuss - 29 July 2012 12:18 AM

I made my own adventure game a while back. It´s also in Sweden like the Carol Reed games.

I would love to try your game Velorond but I get this message when trying to download it from your link…

This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright.

Sorry, the link was a bit old. here is a new one!

http://depositfiles.com/files/i25qaq2ko

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Thanks Velorond

That link works, downloading your game now and thanks for letting us know.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Velorond - 29 July 2012 07:37 AM
GreyFuss - 29 July 2012 12:18 AM

Sorry, the link was a bit old. here is a new one!

http://depositfiles.com/files/i25qaq2ko

Looks great (yes I can tell from one screenshot!). Downloading now.

Gabe - 29 July 2012 06:43 AM

LA Noire best visually intact ag coz real time 3d,most historical sightseeing there,
and dont mind not taking place at present old LA much more charming than today.

‘Historical sightseeing’ is not what we’re after. If we took a plane to LA today it wouldn’t look or feel like LA Noire. I’d love to put Timequest on the list too but it doesn’t fit. Maybe you could make another thread for these type of games?

GreyFuss - 29 July 2012 12:23 AM

Oscar

It might if you gave me some info on it Grin

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Oscar - 31 July 2012 09:30 AM

It might if you gave me some info on it Grin

Sure, here ya go http://www.sterlingsgift.com/

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Looks nice, and sufficiently touristy. Have you played it? Any good?

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Yes, I played it and enjoyed it but then I do like games like this. Adventure Gamers has a Review http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18024 and one at Game Boomers http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Ss/Sterlingsgiftbyl4l.htm There is a Patch for the game located at the games web site http://www.sterlingsgift.com/support.html

Point and click adventure

Slide show style presentation

1st person viewpoint

No dying

Save at will

Name own saves

Unlimited saves, but will always begin outside of house

Alt+Tab friendly

Soothing background music

Mostly inventory puzzles

Has few puzzles, but they are well-integrated

No sound, color, maze, timed, or slider puzzles

No mini-games

No pixel hunting, though close observation is required in one place

Took several tries to install

Patch solves a few game play issues

History, hints, and spoilers all available in game

Short playing time

No interaction with non-player characters

Fictional story integrated with historical fact

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well I don’t find myself agreeing with Heidi’s reviews very often so it doesn’t surprise me that this sounds perfect for a quiet weekend at Austin, Texas, despite the 2.5 stars. Though $19.95 sounds a little steep for a, according to Gameboomers, 6 hour game.

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Velorond

Fantastic job you did with your game The Artifact. You take beautiful pictures. I hope you have been working on another game since this one was released a year ago. You seem to have a talent for this. Loved visiting the scenery and your use of movement to make some of the pictures alive was excellent. I especially loved crossing the stream while going to the cottage. The movement of the water and the sound made it seem real.

One question I have…

[spoiler]Who sent the note at the beginning of the game?[/[/spoiler]

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2008-09-07

PM

GreyFuss - 31 July 2012 10:58 AM

Velorond

Fantastic job you did with your game The Artifact. You take beautiful pictures. I hope you have been working on another game since this one was released a year ago. You seem to have a talent for this. Loved visiting the scenery and your use of movement to make some of the pictures alive was excellent. I especially loved crossing the stream while going to the cottage. The movement of the water and the sound made it seem real.

One question I have…

[spoiler]Who sent the note at the beginning of the game?[/[/spoiler]

That makes me happy to hear!  Laughing
I actually began this last winter with a sequel to the game, but i have been so busy with work this whole summer so it´s on hold for the moment.

The person who sent the letter is still a mystery, but he will be in the second game aswell.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Oscar - 09 July 2012 01:47 AM

Good suggestions, I’ll add those two.

What do you think about Lost Crown? I know Saxton is a real place in England but I’m not sure it’s on the coast.

It seems like this keeps coming up! There is a real ‘Saxton’ in England but it is not the one in the Lost Crown, which is fictional. All of the photographic sources for Saxton do come from real places though: principally Looe and Polperro, which are both in Cornwall, NOT East Anglia, as Saxton is supposed to be.

The story, of course, was inspired by the M.R James story ‘A Warning to the Curious’.

‘Dark Fall’ was also based on photographs of a real abandoned train station, but I forget where that is.

But NONE of the places in any of the Darkling Room games (or Barrow Hill) are authentic.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Gabriel Knight 3 defintely fits the description.
Even though i have never been to Rennes-le-Château myself then:

GK3 and to a large degree also The Da Vinci Code, is based on the book “The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail” by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, and Henry Lincoln.
Henry Lincoln also made a BBC documentary on the same subject, and i saw this documentary shortly before i played GK3, when playing the game i could clearly recognize many of the different buildings and sites from the documentary.

Regarding GK 1 then i have also never been in New Orleans, but i have been told that many of the places actually exists.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top