• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Full Throttle movie script by Duncan Jones

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Duncan Jones, a director of such movies as Moon, Warcraft and Source Code shared this in his Twitter, a movie script based on Full Throttle game. It’s pretty similar to the game, really, even incorporating some of the puzzles to the story, which is probably something I’d considering changing if he’d really pushed this idea to a production stage.

But, it’s a nice read, none the less.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojb9zaplszjcp63/FULL THROTTLE -for all.pdf?dl=0

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

full throttle will always hold a special place in my heart. I adore the game, the characters, music, and the world they inhabit. I was hooked years ago after solving the first puzzle of yanking on the bartenders nose ring to get your keys back.

It is very short, can easily be beat in about 4 hrs, but it is a game I revisit about once a yr, its like watching a great popcorn movie.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Yeah, it definitely is a very cinematic game. It would really work almost as is as a movie as well.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Pretty cool news actually, Duncan Jones is a talented modern director. Or at least used to be - I absolutely loved both Moon and Source Code, but his later works left me indifferent. But you can’t go wrong with Full Throttle which could be already watched as a movie made of cutscenes. And it would feel right at home with Mad Max 4, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and other modern examples of neo-Western genre movies around. Wonder who can play Ben though? I really hope they won’t attract Dwayne Johnson or Jason Statham.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It’s not going to be his next project, as Jones is slated as the director of Rogue Trooper, based on the 2000 AD comics. Not that he said he’s actually going to make Full Throttle at all, as he wrote it just for fun, being a fan of the game.

That said, it could turn out to be a good neo-western like Doom said. And potentially it could be done relatively cheaply as well, considering most of the locations in it are run-down hovels and vast desert-scapes. Most of the budget would probably go on custom bikes.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

As someone pointed out in Twitter, actor Kumail Nanjiani looks pretty much like Ben Throttle, especially now when he started to bulk up some muscle mass because of his upcoming superhero movie.

Image Attachments

Kumail_Nanjiani.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Interesting choice. He does look very Ben-ish on this picture, although maybe he needs to gain more weight - he still looks rather thin on other photos. And the whole idea might be even developed into a TV series, the Full Throttle universe has a great potential.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2021-01-19

PM

This is one of my fav games of all time. There haven’t been many videogame films that are actually great but with a good director and solid cast, it could happen.

Been playing games since ‘82

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top