• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Holiday Season [ENDED]

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you for the excellent quiz, Karlok!  It was a nice blend of “I know it,” “I think I know it but let me check” and “What the hell is it?”

Congrats to DarkEye for getting the most, and to Eddyc for pushing me to try harder. 

I laughed when I saw #36 because I recognized the shield as part of an early puzzle in The Eyes of Ara.  Sir Beardalot had mentioned that the game gets decorated around Halloween and Christmas, so I am now replaying it.  Almost all the rooms are decorated, but the one that made me laugh out loud is a male statue wearing a Santa hat and on which they replaced the fig leaf with two red Christmas bells hanging from some greenery.  I’m still smiling about it, but I put it in spoilers in case anyone is inclined to play it and wants to be surprised. Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

There’s a chance I might’ve (eventually) gotten #36 if not for the santa hat - caused me to dismiss it out of hand, even though the shield looked really familiar.

For some reason I thought #28 was a Rusty Lake game.
I still think that, in fact - the screenshot looks very familiar and I never played the game revealed as #28. Odd.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

Oh my gawwwwwd, I can’t believe I missed some of these! Especially Botanicula, which I’m constantly recommending to others. Still, high score or low, what I love about these quizzes is that they always remind me how many gorgeous-looking games I still have to experience. (And, in some cases, how many less-than-gorgeous ones I’ve managed to avoid Tongue ) Thanks for a good time, Karlok!

Former AG staff writer Will Aickman

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Great quiz! I wanted to participate, but it required a lot of time for a proper research which I didn’t have unfortunately Frown Still recognized some of the obscure titles like Big Red Adventure.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Karlok - 30 December 2020 03:24 PM

On the Phantasmagoria 2 screenshot (25) the well-known cursor was originally clearly visible.  Only moments before I posted the quiz I decided to remove it. Bad decision. People are not used to seeing poor Curtis laugh. To be honest, I wouldn’t recognize him either. But Trevor is recognizable imo.

I actually recognised it immediately Karlok although I was obviously the only one who did. Somewhat odd though as there were at least 3 other games that I’ve played much more recently (and I’m talking years here) that I should have recognised but didn’t.
Cheers for a good quiz even if I didn’t have the time to do more than have the occasional look through.

And I’m suffering from the same forum problems as others so we’ll see if this post gets here Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thanks for a fun quiz, Karlok! Thumbs Up

And congrats to DarkEye, Lady Kestrel and eddyc for the good scores!

Happy holidays, everyone! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanks for the quiz, Karlok! Next time, I’ll try to chip in.  Foot in mouth

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yes, thanks for the great quiz, it’s fun trying to guess at the answers. Looking fwd to more quizzes in the future.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top