• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What should I buy?

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Ok I’m gonna get a game or two from Greek stores and not from play.com or gog.com this time.So these are the games I am thinking of buying:

Lost Horizon for about 50 Euros

Simon the Sorcerer Chaos Happens for about 40-43 Euros

Simon the Sorcerer Who’d Even Want Contact for about 20-23 Euros

So which one should I buy?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

50 euros? Wow. Lost Horizon is 9.95 on Steam or Gamersgate, why not there?

If I were you, I’d go for Lost Horizon if you’re after an adventure thriller and Chaos Happens if you’re after an adventure comedy.

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

I’d like to go after a serious game like Lost Horizon.I am currently playing Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis,started a bit of Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers for the first time in my life,started Gemini Rue and also Sam and Max hit the road while I took a break from Back to the Future and Jurassic Park the game.

But I’ve wanted to buy Lost Horizon since the summer or earlier…and I want to buy a retail game because I can’t order stuff from the net ‘till my best friend comes back from his trip in China(I use his card to order stuff from the net).

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Definitely go with Lost Horizon. One of my favorite adventures of the past few years.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I’d go for Lost Horizon. I really loved it. If you like Secret Files series, you should check out indianajonesish Lost Horizon as well. BUT 50 euros is really overprized tag! 10€ is a good deal, 20€ is max to pay for it nowdays imho.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Anything past Simon the Sorcerer II is garbage. Go for Lost Horizon. Unless you /really/ want it in a box I’d just buy it online.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lost Horizon is a perfectly made game, though you will wait a little until the last part to have/face real fun/challenge

about the double price difference between Simon 4 and 5 (when the last should be more expensive) its actually fair considering that Simon 4 worth taking the upper hand when both are compared (more long and more challenging), and every extra Euro as well.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2011-03-01

PM

none. there are so many better games (don’t know the retail market in greece though).
and, wow, 50 euro?? for clicking and watching 12 hours through one of the most boring and unchallenging games i’ve ever played? ich still think animation arts should pay me my 30 euros back…

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Thing is that I bought Simon the Sorcerer and Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers the other night from gog.I also got Gemini Rue from a greek store,installed it and started it a bit.

But thing is I have my name day today and it’s customary for relatives and/or friends of the family to give money if not presents.So I guess I might get 50 euros or maybe more.I usually buy games from play.com but they have Lost Horizon for 50 or 60 Euros and MORE.

I was also wondering about the game because Adventure Gamers has given it 3,5 out of 5 stars in the review.Although I am CERTAIN it will be great fun!

I also find it interesting that I see different opinions about these games here Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d go for Lost Horizon as well, but that price is simply mindblowing.
I’d suggest waiting for your friend to return and buying it online for a fifth of the price…

Imagine how many other games you could buy with the money you save… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

You’re very right Tim,although I still think about it.I wanna buy a DVD adventure and I wanted to buy LH for a looong time now.If I make more than 100 Euros today I might order it! Tongue

Or else…I’ll just buy various other cheaper stuff.

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Would you guys rate Lost Horizon 4 stars or 4.5?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Well Foinikas, by itself it can take 3.5/5 and if it happened that you played Animation Arts other game Tunguska you can expect the same sort of equality

i don’t know your taste , but anyhow , its a good game ,but keep in mind that its not challenging enough ,kinda short and can be finished in less than 8 hours .

one Q Foinikas ,have you ever played Everlight?

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

No I haven’t.But I have Secret Files Tunguska and I’ve finished it and I liked it very much.I’m currently playing Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis although so far I think it’s a bit inferior to the first one.I had a lot of fun playing the first one.

And I will buy the third one too,no matter if it sucks or not I saw some art from the game and I liked it plus it’s something like a collection…you know,I have Tunguska and Puritas Cordis so I should get the third one too.

I currently got like 100 Euro for my nameday so I am thinking of actually paying 50 Euro to get Lost Horizon.The game costs about 44 to 45 Euro but the post expenses cost about 3-5 more Euro so…. Meh

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Foinikas - 27 October 2012 09:30 PM

4.5. imo LH is the best from Animation Arts. Then SF1, SF2 and SF3, in that order.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Foinikas - 27 October 2012 09:30 PM

A 4 is generous. The AG review gets it mostly right. It’s a good solid game, technically flawless but nothing exceptional or groundbreaking. That’s all you need to know really.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top