• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Need game recommendation

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-07-27

PM

Hi all,

It’s been some time since i played an adventure game and did not follow up with what’s out there in the world of pc games.

I loved Syberia, Secret files and Return to mysterious island.

Anything similar to recommend? Thanks.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

all those titles have sequels , did you try them already Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Since you clearly like female protagonists, have you played Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy? It’s a Kheops game so in the same style as Return to Mysterious Island.

Can’t think of any other realistic games with a leading female except maybe Paradise, but that game wasn’t nearly as good as Syberia.

Joined 2012-07-27

PM

Yes, i’ve played the sequels - but to my delight i discovered that there is a secret files 3 out!

So that will be my first choice!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-07-27

PM

I’ll definitely look into the nostradamus game!

And paradise, yes played it. Was indeed not as good as the rest, but it came at a time when there was nothing much else to my liking, so i did enjoy the game. ( i actually won the game with a tv contest ;-)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lela - 27 July 2012 08:08 AM

I loved Syberia

Try The Whispered World or Keepsake. They ooze with a similar kind of a melancholy.

Secret files

Art of Murder and Chronicles of Mystery series are average but playable. You’d wanna try Mata Hari, Still Life and Memento Mori as well.

and Return to mysterious island.

Obviously, anything else from Kheops, if you don’t mind male protagonists. Destination: Treasure Island is the one I’ve played and it was ok. Perhaps you’d like to try So Blonde and Captain Morgane or some of Nancy Drew titles related to sea, pirates… (I’m not sure but there must be something like it Grin)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

I loved Secret files.

Anything similar to recommend? Thanks.

Then you’re gonna adore the Broken Sword series. The same high adventure feel, the same kind of puzzles and with even better story and characters. Just don’t play the 4th one. (the angel of death)

Also you have to try Lost Horizon. Another high adventure AG by the the same guys who made the Secret Files series. (of which the third installment will be released this september!)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The Art of Murder games are kinda like the Secret files games. they are not as bad as their reputation.

alter Ego may also be up your alley.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 28 July 2012 04:01 AM

The Art of Murder games are kinda like the Secret files games. they are not as bad as their reputation.

I couldn’t disagree more. To my eyes they’re nothing like the Secret Files games. Both in content (AoM is a thriller, Secret Files is adventure) and quality (the AoM game are far inferior to SF) You might try Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life though. It’s a quite decent adventure with a reletively good storyline and very nice graphics. Just don’t try it’s predecessor.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top