• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

afterglow2001 - 24 April 2013 09:19 AM

Relax, Quest1. I’m just playing with ya! Smile

OT Why Columbo? Are you aware it means I read every post of yours in Peter Falk’s craggy voice? “Just one more thing Phoenix…”

Lately I’ve been on a classic mystery tv show kick. So, for my profile pic it was going to be Angela Lansbury, Andy Griffith or Peter Falk. Look, I love Jessica Fletcher, but I’m not going around with a picture of her accompanying my contributions here. That’s just a bridge too far, even for me. So, it was between Matlock and Columbo. I went with Columbo because I think those early episodes, in particular, were very well done.  :-)

And about the SpaceVenture video, just watched it again and wanted to say again I LOVE the music.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Quest1 - 24 April 2013 03:35 AM

I still don’t get what is up with the first 50 seconds or so of that video. What were they thinking there?

i guess this could be the only answer ,that ..... Crowe after working long on this update must have lost his senses ... somewhere around .

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 26 April 2013 09:39 PM

i guess this could be the only answer ,that ..... Crowe after working long on this update must have lost his senses ... somewhere around .

My guess is that it could be a joke to make us think they hadn’t done anything, and then the end of the video is supposed to wow us with actual impressive content. Does that sound plausible? When the logo comes on and the music starts, it is as if they are saying, “just kidding, guys, we got you, didn’t we? And now here is our real video…”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I must say that your explanation is more like the 2Guys indeed! and above, it is more rational than mine Sarcastic

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Frogacuda - 26 April 2013 05:10 PM
Siddhi - 26 April 2013 02:59 PM

Umm.. I’m confused. Is this the same update video as the previous one?

The one and only update video they’ve done so far, yes.

Ok, then I’ll just copy my reaction from the other thread Laughing

The update said that they were planning to have an alpha ready by now, but it got pushed back slightly. So I was expecting a lot more gameplay footage. Instead most of it was concept art and and renderings with only a few seconds of actual gameplay footage.

It’s kind of surprising because the prototype that they built during the kickstarter was quite cool and they managed to get a playable version done in a couple of weeks and they even had time to refine it a few times.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, my reaction is very divided. During the campaign, they came up with this very simple-looking style in the prototype and even talked about making the game in HTML5, so we were all expecting a pretty simple 2D game.

So it’s very impressive to see them go for a style that seems much more ambition, but at the same time it’s worrying that that ambition may have gone past their available resources.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

They just announced that they are working on a demo, which is going to allow us to play an area from the game:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/497357

Hopefully all the work spent towards completing this demo will also be work towards finishing the full game. I hope it’s good and that it drums up more interest among people who didn’t back this Kickstarter. Actually, I’m not sure if only backers will be able to download this demo.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think it will be backers only.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I feel bad for saying this but… I’m shocked that only one person expressed concerns after watching the video.

As a huge fan of Space Quest and a backer of several adventure game Kickstarters… this is looking to be the least promising of the projects I backed so far. I’m still hopeful but no one on Earth could convince me that this was not a bad teaser.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If you refer to the previous video update, there was some amount complaints about it, mainly that it made the game look like there was no advancement done with it and that they mainly recycled previously seen stuff. That was one reason they agreed to start more frequent updates I believe.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Yeah I’m a bit late on the commenting. Also when you say “previous video update”, do you mean there has been more?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Just that one directly SpaceVenture related. There has been a couple of other videos, but they weren’t project related.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

maybe little of the current discussion but knowing Mark (the 1st designer EVER who had been able catch/save game’s art(work) into data for floppy disks (capacity)  and the most intensive partner/designer who almost had the share/credit for working with every game’s that Sierra gave/with Al, Roberta,Jim…etc’) quite well makes me totally relaxed about the final outlook and the results .

Edit:and as for the gameplaying/puzzles , the story and the dialogue Scott had always amazed me, i just wish he didn’t lose his magic through the years .. which is something to doubt really.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

DEMO IS UPLOADED!!!

GET ON IT SPACE RANGERS!!!

http://www.svrewards.com

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

While the demo looks and sounds pretty nice, it’s also pretty damned buggy. I got multiple rooter heads in my inventory and the keycard I found just disappeared somewhere. Also the UI isn’t very intutivie at the moment, as the hotspot indicator doesn’t seem to always work, so it’s easy to not notice some small hotspot, or even always immediatly regocnize a bigger object if it’s something that you can interact with. It works better than LSLR ui though. I very much like the one click pop up commands and overall feels more modern.

Also the animation seems much better than in LSLR and the 3D cartoon models work very well. I think Replay should take notes.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top