• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Games

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

I just earned myself a free game coupon, and I’m very unsure if I should get Malice: Two sisters or Snark Busters: High Society. I’ve played both demos and they were interesting enough to consider buying, but not so much that I have to have them.

High society was okey, but not as good as the previous games, and the story is not very interesting. Malice has a very interesting story, but feels a bit dated, and I had some trouble with controls; maneuvering, controlling the robot and some other small things.

Anyone bought them and played the entire story? Which do you recommend?

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

kndy - 03 June 2012 03:42 AM

I wanted to take the time to chime in on casual gaming.  As an adventure game fan, to tell you the truth, I had no intention of getting involved in casual gaming.  As a video game fan, I have so many games in my backlog for the PC, console gaming, portable gaming, etc.  I figured I would be busy forever just playing these games.

Like I sense about a lot of posters to the forums here, I have been playing games for awhile and am not exactly college age anymore.  I have found that my playing habits over the years have changed a lot based on life demands, essentially.  For me, personally, my wife and I just had our fourth child, so I don’t exactly have a lot of time to sit down with a game in one chunk.  This has made me play console type games less and less over time, and it essentially makes multiplayer games impossible.  However, loving adventures games since I was very young, I find casual games to be something that I can pick up and play for 5 minutes at a time (if that’s all I have) without losing that much.  If somebody comes in and starts talking to me at any point, you don’t really lose that much.  In contrast, it’s much harder for me to play an adventure game where I might be involved in a half hour of game dialogue which is very difficult to stop at the drop of a hat. 

So, while I don’t get the same feeling of satisfaction beating a casual game as a full fledged adventure, I have gotten a lot of enjoyment from them (and more all the time). 

Also, to follow up on another poster, I get much more value from getting true adventure gamers’ opinions about these casual games in these forums.  I could pretty much care less about ever visiting a purely casual game website.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

Panthera - 03 June 2012 09:29 PM

I just earned myself a free game coupon, and I’m very unsure if I should get Malice: Two sisters or Snark Busters: High Society. I’ve played both demos and they were interesting enough to consider buying, but not so much that I have to have them.

High society was okey, but not as good as the previous games, and the story is not very interesting. Malice has a very interesting story, but feels a bit dated, and I had some trouble with controls; maneuvering, controlling the robot and some other small things.

Anyone bought them and played the entire story? Which do you recommend?

i played Malice last week, and thought it was just OK. You’re right it does feel quite dated compared to some of the games coming out now, especially stuff by ERS and i found myself getting quite bored during the game and skipping some of the later puzzles because i couldn’t be bothered to spend time on them. There was a lot of backtracking too which got old quickly.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ve not played the demo of Snark Busters, but I am currently playing the demo of Malice: Two Sisters. Recommendation is to purchase the former even though I have nothing but a negative impression of the latter to back it up.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top