• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Games that didn’t get Great Reviews and Awards that you think are way underrated.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Baron_Blubba, the game starts off as a murder mystery in an interesting world which I think is resolved but along the way there is a subplot that just isn’t resolved - reminds me a little of Dreamfall where one story is resolved and another isn’t in the same way.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Culpa Innata is a cool game. It’s got a day for day structure (somewhat like GK) with an addictive loop of choosing which leads to pursue each day, mostly via interrogation. I’ve seen some people ding it for being so dialogue heavy but I don’t mind so long as I’m enjoying it.

It’s also somewhat non-linear. Certain conversation choices can either dead end a lead or open a new one. Ultimately the story gets to the same place, but how you get there and how quickly you solve the case changes.

The game does wear its influences on its sleeve, the foremost being Brave New World. But Culpa Innata still puts its own spin on it and the setting feels unique in a gaming context. There’s a lot of ancillary conversations you can have that demonstrate how weird people have become due to the social incentives of Culpa Innata’s future society, which I found entertaining.

The game also has it’s fair share of problem. Weird facial animation, really bad pathing and oddly placed camera angles that turn you around at times. Some of the forensic puzzles feel clunky, too.

But ultimately it’s a cool game. A slept on title from that era of janky European 00s adventure games. Would be awesome to get a sequel one day.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m not surprised Culpa Innata came up in this thread. Usually it’s been me bringing it up though. I loved it to pieces. Possibly because I didn’t have very high expectations, should definitely replay it to see how it would feel like now.

It didn’t look great but it was good enough for not to bother me. And I actually liked the facial expressions quite a bit. But it was of course the story that hooked me, the world and the two plots. I started the game thinking “mmh, maybe it’ll be okay” and ended up spending a couple of very long almost feverish evenings with it.

The cancellation of the sequel is one of my biggest disappointments ever (regarding games, life unfortunately has its share too).

I would recommend Culpa Innata. I was mostly disappointed by the cancellation because I loved the game, not because it would be unfinished experience. But yeah, one of the plots will not be resolved and if people have problem with that, it might not be worth it. I think chrissie’s comparison to Dreamfall is pretty good.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I’ve always thought of Culpa Innata as a generally well-liked game. I know I enjoyed it back then, although I was a bit frustrated by the game’s trigger points at times. I guess it was supposed to be a “feature” of the game, a little like with GK3, but I often felt that I had to replay parts since it was obvious had the game had moved on because of me randomly doing something in the game that triggered the story to advance. More often than not it turned out I had missed large chunks of dialog etc.

Wasn’t Culpa Innata one of those games making customers’ lifes hard by using some of the mid-00s copy protection schemes? Starforce, SecuRom or something like that. May have been the reason for it not working on certain computers.

The Adventure Game Shop sold an “uncut” version of the game. Bought it but haven’t tried it. No idea what the differences are between the “standard” and “uncut” versions. Anyone?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Veovis - 20 April 2021 08:09 AM

Wasn’t Culpa Innata one of those games making customers’ lifes hard by using some of the mid-00s copy protection schemes? Starforce, SecuRom or something like that. May have been the reason for it not working on certain computers.

One of them. As if I needed the reminder. What a horrible era that was!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Veovis - 20 April 2021 08:09 AM

......The Adventure Game Shop sold an “uncut” version of the game. Bought it but haven’t tried it. No idea what the differences are between the “standard” and “uncut” versions. Anyone?

I don’t know what else was not included in the censored version but certainly the uncut version potentially includes, depending on how you play it, an iota of nudity & a sex scene.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

For those interested in the differences between censored and uncut version of Culpa Innata and how to play the uncut version, you can learn it here (the most important feauture for me was activating subtitles for the translation, of course, as they are only completely available in uncut version):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697262043

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top