• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Confused about Dream machine and Kathy Rain endings

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

So I’m very confused about the ending of these two games, I feel like there’s a deeper meaning to these games that I don’t understand, can somebody please explain it to me.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

For Kathy Rain, that can be difficult. The game was inspired by the movie “Twin Peaks” most people are critical of the ending, including me. Here is the best I can do: The sense of otherworldly spirits is present throughout the game. So at the end, We’re treated to a nightmare world where Kathy must come to terms with her own demons regarding her family and her past using these otherworldly spirits and of course destroying the red flowers such that they can no longer do anyone harm again.

Over at steam, there’s a discussion of the ending that will really help:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/370910/discussions/0/152393186496908482/

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Kathy Rain was also a Community Playthrough. The developer was also a participant, and offered insight into the game’s idiosyncrasies, as well as what he felt were some of the end game shortcomings. You can read the thread here. Many of the comments at the end of the thread might answer your questions.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2008-04-21

PM

Thank you guys, any inside to the idea of the time loop in dream machine? How that made sense.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-05-23

PM

Adv_Lvr - 04 January 2021 06:57 PM

For Kathy Rain, that can be difficult. The game was inspired by the movie “Twin Peaks” most people are critical of the ending, including me. Here is the best I can do: The sense of otherworldly spirits is present throughout the game. So at the end, We’re treated to a nightmare world where Kathy must come to terms with her own demons regarding her family and her past using these otherworldly spirits and of course destroying the red flowers such that they can no longer do anyone harm again.

Heart

Huh? What are you on about?
Twin Peaks is a Tv-series(With a spin off movie)

” most people are critical of the ending,” Huh???
BULLSHIT!
People love the show. And especially the ending.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Rocky_Johan - 23 May 2021 11:38 PM
Adv_Lvr - 04 January 2021 06:57 PM

Heart

Huh? What are you on about?
Twin Peaks is a Tv-series(With a spin off movie)

” most people are critical of the ending,” Huh???
BULLSHIT!
People love the show. And especially the ending.

Rocky_Johan, I think you may have misinterpreted Adv_Lvr’s response which I understand refers to the ending of Kathy Rain & not Twin Peaks. The connection is that it is thought that the game Kathy Rain has a Twin Peaks vibe.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just finished Kathy Rain for like the 5th time and the ending was much more enjoyable this time around. I was ready for the ending this time and it’s strangeness.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top