• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which actors would star in a Broken Sword movie?

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Jackal - 10 July 2020 12:30 PM

I like Domhnall Gleeson for George.

I don’t think I’ve seen any George-style goofiness from him, but have no doubt he’s got the acting chops to pull it off.

That’s the thing. An actor can ACT like a character but they don’t all have the physical characteristics of the character. I like your choice.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Justin Long could work too.
Domhnall Gleeson would probably make me like George more than I do currently. He’s very sneakily sexy in pretty much everything he is on. Smile

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And he’s the right age. I like the pick.

He hasn’t really done a lot of goofy roles, but he can definitely pull off adorkable characters.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

And my Nico, Audrey Tautou.

She’s a bit older, but obviously a beautiful and very youthful looking 43. (I was shocked to see Gleeson was 37 himself.)

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

He looks way too young. I’d want someone with actual facial features and not a face like a baby.

I don’t know, George definitely looks 40+ in most images.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

There are lots of older-looking pics of Gleeson readily available. I just grabbed one where he was clean shaven and not too red-headed for comparison to George.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Hey Guys. I just released a Broken Sword movie casting video with all actors chosen between all forms of social media. I think you will like the choices made. My favorite Is John Cusack as Khan.
I hope you like it.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Jackal - 10 July 2020 07:22 PM

She’s a bit older, but obviously a beautiful and very youthful looking 43. (I was shocked to see Gleeson was 37 himself.)

I feel like Audrey Tautou is a bit too quirky for Nico. Maybe because I strongly connect her to “Amelie”. She seems a bit too “happy space kadet” or “adorably goofy”, but definitely perfectly French Laughing 

By the way, is there some kind of consensus about the age of Nico and George in-game?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There are so many great nominations for a few of the main characters albeit comparisons difficult as they’re presented differently in subsequent games.
But as they’re all actors any one of those suggested would do a good job.
Here’s another nomination for the part of Nico: English actress Rebecca Hall who seems to look the part:

My favourites for George are Chris Pine, & also Domhnall Gleeson great choices

Luhr28 - 10 July 2020 07:24 PM

He looks way too young. I’d want someone with actual facial features and not a face like a baby. .

Luhr28 -as far as Domhnall Gleeson goes you need to look up the actor’s interviews on YT to appreciate he also has a humour that would match George’s & there are of course alternative pictures:

Jude Law does seem to be a good match for Andre Lobineau in BS 3? But hey, Andre’s blonde so I present to you a couple of alternatives who with exactly the same hairstyle (i.e. pony tail) could present a guy that I perceive to be a little older, attractive enough to be a threat to George & with a tad of sleaze that these 2 very talented actors would be capable of injecting - Richard Brake & Laurence Fox:

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

DCast - 10 July 2020 11:32 PM

I feel like Audrey Tautou is a bit too quirky for Nico. Maybe because I strongly connect her to “Amelie”. She seems a bit too “happy space kadet” or “adorably goofy”, but definitely perfectly French Laughing 

By the way, is there some kind of consensus about the age of Nico and George in-game?

My initial thought about Audrey Tautou is also that she’s too adorable to be Nico. But I don’t know, it might work if they tone down the quirkiness, surely she can act a character that’s more serious and driven.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

DCast - 10 July 2020 11:32 PM
Jackal - 10 July 2020 07:22 PM

It could be Amelie. Have you seen her in Da Vinci Code? Kind of a Nico-ish role but with more seriousness.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It could be Amelie. Have you seen her in Da Vinci Code? Kind of a Nico-ish role but with more seriousness.

I agree, she would make a perfect Nico. I’d buy a ticket for sure. The Da Vinci Code kinda reminds me of Broken Sword adventure anyway. I loved The Da Vinci Code Computer game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

First of all Georgie must be brit like and Nico is french of course.Grin

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

since this is all some imaginary nomination of roles, i think Brad Pit and Kate Blanchet are perfect, imagine Kate Blanchet the master of accents dying her hair.

we dont need to be shallow to choose actors with the look and nationality too, they are actors and they can fit many roles.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Mikekelly - 19 July 2020 01:45 PM

I agree, she would make a perfect Nico. I’d buy a ticket for sure. The Da Vinci Code kinda reminds me of Broken Sword adventure anyway. I loved The Da Vinci Code Computer game.

Heart

It reminded me even more of Gabriel Knight 3! They both riff off “The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail” rather blatantly. Of the two, I’d take GK3 any day.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top