• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tex Murphy Poisoned Pawn still a thing or not?

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Seems like most of the updates on this game are almost a year old. Is this still being worked on?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I wondered too. No news on the game site, twitter, facebook, etc. Nothing from Big Finish, nothing from the devs at Chaotic Fusion. Aaron Conners mentioned the Poisoned Pawn on his home page one month ago, but don’t get your hopes up, he doesn’t know anything.

OK, so let me start by saying: Tex Murphy fans are the best. I’m not sure I (or anyone else on our end of things) really deserve you and your eternal patience! All evidence to the contrary, things really are in the works. Everything just seems to take a lot longer than we think it will.

Many of you have been asking for updates, especially regarding The Poisoned Pawn: A Tex Murphy Adventure. I wish I could give you some specific details. All I know is that when and if the fine folks at Chaotic Fusion have an update, they’ll let us all know.

http://www.aaronconners.net/?fbclid=IwAR3uN9GLzFhfIANsh-F_NFxlbFnosB5SDAc53jH3XBU1gEgBFf1vnVtq0mM

I’m sorry to say the project looks dead to me.  Cry

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

One thing I know about developers is that posting updates (in most cases) means absolutely nothing. You can have a developer posting constant updates, saying it will be out next month for years (certain ghost-adventure developers come to mind here), and then another developer who posts no updates and has the game out faster than expected.

The lesson here is probably: the best expectations are zero expectations.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Origami - 13 May 2020 10:24 PM

Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth.

LOL! Say no more. Don’t remember how long ago that was. They had a pretty nice demo and it was one of the first fan projects I gave some money.

PS: There was even some talk of hiring the same voice actor who did the original Indiana games if they could raise enough money. He wasn’t exactly cheap.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

There is a recent post from 5 May on the Tesla Effect steam community forum that mentions Poisoned Pawn, so it may not be as dead a project as it seems.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2018-09-13

PM

I keep looking for news on this game as well, but there’s nothing to be found anywhere.

I really hope the game is not dead - It looks soooo promising.

On the website, they announce that the game will be supporting VR. Maybe that part is too expensive? If so, I wish they would just focus on finishing a non-VR version of the game.

Cry  Cry  Cry

I’ve just stolen all your laxatives…

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

I was always a little confused about this game.  I mean it started as a fan remake of the remake of the first Tex game?  I never played Mean Streets, but I like Overseer a lot and didn’t particularly think it needed a remake.  But now it sounds like it’s a completely new game that is a sequel to The Tesla Effect?  Except it’s clearly still focused on events that occurred in Overseer, as evidenced by the title The Poisoned Pawn.  I don’t really understand what this game is…

Although I will always be excited for a new Tex Murphy installment regardless.  Hopefully it does get released.  There were 16 years between Overseer and The Tesla Effect, so we can afford to wait a little longer.

Joined 2018-09-13

PM

GateKeeper - 22 July 2020 03:39 AM

Thanks for the post, Gatekeeper. Maybe it’s time that I get a twitter account Crazy

Joined 2018-09-13

PM

GateKeeper - 22 July 2020 03:39 AM

I keep returning from time to time to check if anything is happening with this game. Now the twitter link is also dead but maybe twitter just deletes posts after a predetermined time?

Maybe the game will be released as a bundle with Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth? If so I’ll buy it! Crazy

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Totter - 07 December 2021 08:45 AM

but maybe twitter just deletes posts after a predetermined time?

Twits don’t expire, they could be deleted only manually. Big Finish probably deleted it to avoid confusion about the non-existent development of PP. I wouldn’t count on it to be ever released. Time flies, Chris Jones is already 66, and without him there is no Tex (unless they shot all scenes with him in advance, of course, in which case it would be a double crime not to release it).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

I’m afraid it’s pretty much dead at this point.

https://bigfinishgames.com/may-2021-update/

Former AG staff writer Will Aickman

Total Posts: 288

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Cicerone53 - 08 December 2021 01:09 AM

I’m afraid it’s pretty much dead at this point.

https://bigfinishgames.com/may-2021-update/

Well shit!  That sucks

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top