• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #56: Unforeseen Incidents

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I just tried to be polite to both of you. My intention was mainly to discuss your interesting point about the disparity between characters of different sexes. So no, the removal of all posts did not make me happy. I’m sorry I triggered that.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

You didn’t trigger anything Pegbiter.

For sure Karlok didn’t know I was going to post a quiz & it really wouldn’t have mattered if she posted the characters beforehand AFTER the playthrough had been concluded.
But they were posted only 4 days after the go-ahead to play the final chapter when only 2 players confirmed they had finished the game - some players yet to catch up have not played the game before.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’m somewhere in Chapter 3. I’m really liking the game so far! I appreciated the diversity of puzzles in Chapter 2 (dialogue puzzle with the artist, gathering items to build a fire, playing around with the map…). The change in environment at every chapter is an effective way to renew the thrill of investigation. I’m a bit lost in Port Nicola at the moment, I’ve left the game aside for a few days and I’m not sure what to do next, so I’m sparking up conversations with everyone in hopes of gathering a few clues. I really appreciate the art style, it’s soothing. Jokes on hipsters sound a bit stale in 2019 but, well, developping a game take a few years I guess so I won’t blame the writers. Looking forward to catching up with you all.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It is possible to miss useful info if you don’t exhaust the conversation with one character in particular.  Smile

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I made it to Chapter 2 tonight and am currently at the hydro station.  I checked out all the big pipes and the reservoir but can’t enter the office area, so I guess I’ll go see if I can find anyone else to talk to.

The end of chapter 1 with the hazmat guys was a tough one until I finally realized I had to step into the space each guy vacated when moving around the circle.  I was very happy to deploy the paint sprayer by then.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 December 2019 06:55 PM

The end of chapter 1 with the hazmat guys was a tough one until I finally realized I had to step into the space each guy vacated when moving around the circle.  I was very happy to deploy the paint sprayer by then.

Yes, it’s a little picky as your first move has to be exactly on the right spot but after that a little easier.
Thankfully there are no more similar puzzles to be encountered.  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still playing, Chrissie, but very slowly.  I probably won’t finish until after Christmas, so please don’t wait for me. 

By the way, I laughed when Harper ended up at the farm.  If I had been a bit faster, I would have had another point in DarkEye’s farm quiz.  Meh

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

I have finished the game and enjoyed my second play through of it very much.Nice graphic style and most puzzles not too difficult although I still had to look at a walkthrough for computer puzzle near end even on my second play through.I enjoyed the hacking puzzles at start of each chapter even though I didn’t know what I was supposed to be hacking into.

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’m aware that the playthrough isn’t really finished yet but I want to thank chrissie for hosting and everyone for their thoughts. Excellent game and interesting discussion!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you Pegbiter! I’m just waiting for another player to confirm where they’re at before concluding the playthrough.  Smile

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’ve reached Chapter 4. I found Chapter 3 excellent (thanks for the tip on conversations chrisse Wink), once again puzzles were logical and original in various little ways (I liked hunting down logos around town to identify the one in the picture, for example, or the sentence reconstitution puzzle at the Aquila center), even though at several points I found myself thinking “why am I taking this” (bike pump for instance), and I almost got stuck because I couldn’t think of showing people the missing person poster to trigger the next step.

I’m a late joiner and I’ve been a slow player, so please don’t wait for me, obviously Smile. This playthrough got me interested in the game (it was on my radar but I hadn’t planned on buying it now, even during the sales period) and I’m really glad I got it. I’ll probably finish it just before the end of the year - that would be a great conclusion to a year of very good games Laughing Thanks for hosting the playthrough chrissie!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Chrissie won’t be on the internet again until this weekend, but she’ll give the official tie up when she gets back. 

I’ve only managed to add 10 minutes to my playthrough time since my last post.  I’ll post again when I get a bit further than trying to figure out what to do next.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Lady Kestrel! I did mean to tie things up last Sunday (the only day I was home) but I got a little distracted.

Thank you everyone for your participation & comments. It was a game that everyone seemed to enjoy as much as I did & very high up on my list of very worthy games.

I want to apologise to Karlok for the way I reacted to her posting the pics of the characters - it is very interesting that the portrayal of the male characters are quite varied as opposed to the female ones who for the most part seem to be clones of each other. For sure the pics at the time were spoilers which I’m pretty sure was not Karlok’s intention & I’m sorry I didn’t handle that nicely.

Anyway if you’re still playing & want to catch up with the thread it’s here:
Unforeseen Incidents

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I did indeed enjoy this excellent game. Thank you for leading the playthrough chrissie!

chrissie - 06 January 2020 06:47 AM

Anyway if you’re still playing & want to catch up with the thread it’s here:
Unforeseen Incidents

That’s this thread. I’m I missing something?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top