• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia: The World Before

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

https://www.microids.com/us/syberia-the-world-before-kate-walker-returns-for-a-new-adventure-2/

OMG a new Syberia game.

I would be more excited if 3 didn’t suck, but never thought they would do another one.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

what was the consensus on Syberia 3? did absolutely everyone hate it or what?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The AG review certinly gave it 1.5 stars.

The move to 3D didn’t do it any favours.

Hopefully a 4th one can improve it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I hate Syberia 3 with a vengeance (and I loved the first two installments). Stopped playing it after less than half an hour because I couldn’t operate the light switch .

I really felt like Trigger. I mean, SBB.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

This reminds me, I still haven’t finished Syberia 3. It is better than the 2nd game, but the controls do leave quite a bit room for improvement.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

PlanetX - 19 August 2019 08:19 AM

what was the consensus on Syberia 3? did absolutely everyone hate it or what?

Just terrible. I can’t think of a good thing to say about it.

How is a fourth being made after Syberia 3 crashed and burned?

I see that the fourth has already been in production for the past 18 months:

https://www.microids.com/syberia-the-world-before-kate-walker-returns-for-a-new-adventure/

Can Sokal and his team somehow make Syberia 4 into a classic like Syberia? After Syberia 3 my hopes are very low.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Irongiant909 - 19 August 2019 02:40 PM

While it was almost universally poorly reviewed, how do you know it crashed and burned financially speaking? I don’t think it was that expensive of a game to make in the end and might have sold well enough from Microids POV. Not to mention, it might have helped re-kindling the sales of the first two games as well.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-12-10

PM

Maybe. But people responded to it either because they were fans of the first two games or because they were newcomers who wanted to give it a go. And the majority of the people who played it were vastly disappointed for various reasons. Why would they buy another one after that?

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

tomimt - 19 August 2019 02:59 PM
Irongiant909 - 19 August 2019 02:40 PM

While it was almost universally poorly reviewed, how do you know it crashed and burned financially speaking? I don’t think it was that expensive of a game to make in the end and might have sold well enough from Microids POV. Not to mention, it might have helped re-kindling the sales of the first two games as well.

I was referring to the game itself and the very poor reception from reviewers and gamers alike. On the back of those I can’t imagine that it sold particularly well.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zobraks - 19 August 2019 09:18 AM

I hate Syberia 3 with a vengeance (and I loved the first two installments). Stopped playing it after less than half an hour because I couldn’t operate the light switch .

I really felt like Trigger. I mean, SBB.

you were able to run it?? i had no luck, still waiting for whatever upgrade i am gonna do to me sys oneday.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Filmfreak - 19 August 2019 04:01 PM

Maybe. But people responded to it either because they were fans of the first two games or because they were newcomers who wanted to give it a go. And the majority of the people who played it were vastly disappointed for various reasons. Why would they buy another one after that?

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Syberia 3 end on a cliffhanger of sorts? I honestly can’t remember, the game was so unmemorable.

My guess is that Sokal wants to rescue his legacy. It was tarnished by S3 and maybe he wants to prove it was an exception and not the rule.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Luhr28 - 19 August 2019 07:07 PM

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Syberia 3 end on a cliffhanger of sorts? I honestly can’t remember, the game was so unmemorable.

Yeah, definitely a cliffhanger. I didn’t buy the game, just watched a few minutes here and there on youtube, but I was curious about the end.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Can’t believe they are doing a fourth one. A wait and see for me big time. Loved the first one. Who knows, maybe they can find that magic again.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Huh…A new Syberia game.. That’s neat I guess.

As for 3 I thought it was on par with the others. But then again, I didn’t really care for the others, I didn’t hate them, but they were average games at best. 1 & 2 had a story that drew you in a little more.

Also the voice acting in 3 was pretty bad (excluding Kate).

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-12-10

PM

Luhr28 - 19 August 2019 07:07 PM

My guess is that Sokal wants to rescue his legacy. It was tarnished by S3 and maybe he wants to prove it was an exception and not the rule.

I never managed to finish Syberia 3 myself so I don’t know about the ending. Maybe now that there is a sequel in development I’ll finally get to it.

If they try to make it more like the first two games then there is a good creative reason behind it. Even though I’d prefer the series would have ended the way it ended in the second game, after the third one I’ll be far more positive for anything that gives a better aftertaste.

But unless they try to differentiate the new game from the previous one in a big way and the cost is relatively low I don’t think it will do all that well financially. People will be extremely skeptical. I know I am.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

tomimt - 19 August 2019 11:03 AM

the controls do leave quite a bit room for improvement.

And that’s putting it mildly.
I remember that in order to solve the very first puzzle in the sodding game (Syberia 3) I had to do something simple and obvious, but couldn’t find a way, the right command, to do so.
I really felt stupid beyond belief, like on no other occasion in my whole life.
I erased the mammoth of a game (for me) - 18 GB - from the hard drive without thinking twice. I’ve played many adventure games, but nothing even remotely crappy like Syberia 3. The commands in Syberia 1 and 2 were so easy to grasp, why did they have to mutilate the gameplay in the third part is really beyond me.

Advie - 19 August 2019 06:28 PM

you were able to run it??

Why, of course. I have a BRAND NEW (December) 2015 machine. 3,2 GHz processor, 8 GBs of RAM, what a beast! Wink

SpeedBo - 19 August 2019 09:39 PM

As for 3 I thought it was on par with the others.

You must have played some other game called Syberia 3, not the one I played.

Did you ever notice the crappy controls/interface? In Syberia 3 you have to do six or seven things in order to do something you could achieve with a single click in Syberia 1 and 2.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top