• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 29 May 2017 03:13 PM

Actually, one thing did make me react, and not in a good way: that ending. So Winfriede got screwed her entire life and dies tragically, but we don’t give a damn because Anna is finally going to save her non-entity of a grandfather. Yay!

3/5

more than this and the game would lose its lite nature, I guess it’s fine by the way it is how the game suggested that nuthing gets rotten by itself there is always cause and reaction, great ending for me it was.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

im starting the last episode of tales from the borderland and it really an amazing well acted, written, and fun adventure, only problem is like all telltale games I wish there was a little more gameplay

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Anyword on Contradiction’s sequel, i replayed and finished again
I need more Atlas fix

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Just finished “To the Moon”, one of the best adventure games I’ve ever played.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

As far as kickstarter content, I believe in Obduction it was very subtle.  I could be wrong about this but there was a cryosleep portion with a manifest that could have included the names of high donors and corresponding pods that showed 3D-like moving headshots of the inhabitants.  I would prefer it if other KS games could be so subtle.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Wow, Resonance is amazing.  I don’t really know what Art is, but this felt like it qualified.  Probably the best game I’ve ever played.

The story is compelling, the moral choices are difficult, the characters are likeable and it’s very believable sci-fi.

It works as a classic point-and-click too, with puzzles at just the right difficulty.  I did look up one puzzle as I thought I’d hit a bug, but in retrospect, I was probably being too stubborn in my interpretation of the solution.

The only fault I could find (and it’s a minor one) is that characters conversing with each other works as kind of an unofficial hints system, which I would rather not have.

WadgetEye proves once again that graphics are really not important to good gameplay.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments.

Absolutely terrible game. Can’t believe it received so many positive reviews (which is the only reason I decided to get the game despite how bad previous Frogwares titles were for me).
Literally every case was short and extremely bland and boring with only a couple of uninteresting characters and locations each.
Also the end of almost every case is pretty much the same - the victims were all terrible men who deserved it and you’re supposed to feel sorry for the killers.
There’s also no connection between any of the ridiculously short cases and not even a mention (well apart from one boring short letter) which is pretty strange.
Badly written, badly designed, hated every case and most of the mechanics and puzzles, and both Sherlock and Watson are boring af.
On the plus side, at least the game looked and sounded pretty good. That’s about the only two positives I can think of. Was going to give some of the other Sherlock games a try as well, but so glad I only bought this one. Now I know I should never play another Frogwares game. Should’ve learned my lesson after playing the Silver Earring years ago which was bad as well, but at least marginally better than this crap.

(As a side note, I was convinced the killer in the final case was a werewolf lmao. Was disappointed to find out it wasn’t)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

McCoy97 - 04 June 2017 03:39 AM

Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishments.

Literally every case was short and extremely bland and boring with only a couple of uninteresting characters and locations each.

Not read the Dostoyevsky novel, I take it?

Crimes and Punishments is one of the better Frogwares games. I’d definitely be avoiding the others if you didn’t like it.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I haven’t. Why?

And yeah I’ll definitely be avoiding Frogwares games from now on.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Oops, I quoted the wrong part. The game’s theme is a clumsy rip-off of Crime and Punishment.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Just finished The Eyes of Ara, which had been recommended to me in another thread a few weeks ago as I was looking for something similar to Quern.

It’s a good game, if you like Myst-style stuff. I really liked the puzzle design. The game was just challenging enough that solving puzzles felt rewarding, but not so challenging that I ever felt like giving up. That made it pretty hard to put it down; I always felt like exploring just a little bit further.

There is one major drawback, though: the absolutely disgusting amount of pixel hunting involved. Seriously, it’s awful. The only times I really got stuck were all because I had managed to miss some clue or item that was hidden in a dark corner in some improbable location—despite already spending far too long scouring every room, and turning on all the available pixel-hunting hints. That was a bit frustrating.

Still, all the other aspects of the game are really good.

3.5/5

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Kurufinwe - 27 June 2017 02:22 PM

Just finished The Eyes of Ara...

...There is one major drawback, though: the absolutely disgusting amount of pixel hunting involved. Seriously, it’s awful. The only times I really got stuck were all because I had managed to miss some clue or item that was hidden in a dark corner in some improbable location—despite already spending far too long scouring every room, and turning on all the available pixel-hunting hints. That was a bit frustrating.

I had the same issue with it, to the extent that I didn’t find it much like a Myst-type game at all. IMO it was mostly about looking for objects, some very tiny or in dark places or otherwise hard to spot. I kept wishing there was a hotspot highlighter.

I liked the environment and exploring the castle, but didn’t enjoy all the object searches.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Agree with the consensus on Eyes of Ara.

I’m not a fan of collectibles in general but I can see why they put them in. AGs don’t offer much for completionists and I’ve noticed a lot of people on Steam are into that sort of thing.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-06-28

PM

Hey everyone!
I just finished Blackwell series. I always had them in mind, and finally years later I had the chance to play the whole 5 episodes.
At first I was not that into it, and honestly I continued to play for the sake of finishing and putting a check next to the title. I was expecting more from the puzzles I guess. But then I had a moment where I knew the right answer to solve the situation but didn’t want to click on it. Really nice job, I kept saying `I can’t say that, that is horrible.` I’m not that sensitive but telling a kid she is dead is not an easy job and the character seemed to feel the same, too. Well done indeed.  Laughing
Still not a fan of the puzzles, but storytelling and voice acting was quite nice.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

ElifK - 28 June 2017 11:41 AM

I knew the right answer to solve the situation but didn’t want to click on it. Really nice job, I kept saying `I can’t say that, that is horrible.` I’m not that sensitive but telling a kid she is dead is not an easy job and the character seemed to feel the same, too. Well done indeed.  Laughing

well isn’t this the mother of all enjoyment and being drawn into the story and the game play . lucky you Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top