• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Is everyone okay that Telltale is now known as that company that made Walking Dead? 

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

wilco - 15 October 2012 01:19 PM

Oh… Got excited because they talked about it on twitter and assumed they would start rolling out new info on their next game. Probably nothing new Frown

With TWD nearly done, I expect we probably will start seeing some real info about Fables soon.  You saved yourself about 18 months of impatience by only hearing about it now.  Grin

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I guess I can’t say for sure that I would mind if they made the same SORT of game as “The Walking Dead” gameplay-wise. But I’d be disappointed if all they made was the same sort of game as “The Walking Dead” content-wise. Just due to my personal tastes. I hate Zombies, and can’t understand why they are so big. And I prefer games that I might POSSIBLY be able to play with my kids (or even with my kids in the room).

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Yeah I think the “interactive movie” style of adventure gaming like in Heavy Rain/Walking Dead is great. It lets you focus on the characters, story, choices and action without being bogged down and stuck trying to solve some obscure puzzle. However, I also don’t want to see classic adventure games die out. It’s good to have both types of games.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Eh, say what now? The fact that a gamecompany is best known for what is without a doubt their best game yet is very far from neither strange nor worrying.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Henke - 15 October 2012 08:01 PM

Eh, say what now? The fact that a gamecompany is best known for what is without a doubt their best game yet is very far from neither strange nor worrying.

This. Sometimes I feel like most threads are trying too hard to find complaints.

This is the best time for adventure games since the golden era. So many different games, so many developers. Something for everyone. What’s not to like?

This is like complaining that LucasArts is known for making Grim Fandango, or Sierra is known for making King’s Quest, or Martin Scorsese is known for making Goodfellas, or Steven Spielberg is known for making Jaws, etc. I don’t get the fuss.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Jackal - 15 October 2012 02:47 PM
wilco - 15 October 2012 01:19 PM

Oh… Got excited because they talked about it on twitter and assumed they would start rolling out new info on their next game. Probably nothing new Frown

With TWD nearly done, I expect we probably will start seeing some real info about Fables soon.  You saved yourself about 18 months of impatience by only hearing about it now.  Grin

If the rumors are true about Jane Jensen’s Mystery Game X being a collaboration with Telltale (she was in the SF Bay Area last month), we might see more than Fables!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

about the title question, i guess it doesn’t really matter if i am okay with this, but for Telltale; no doubt that they are more than okay with that.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

The Walking Dead is an amazing game. Like most people, I’m completely tired of zombies appearing in every game, but the fact that they don’t feel stale in TWD is a testament to Telltale’s writing and focus on characters.

You don’t get many great character pieces in video games—there are probably a handful I can think of, and TWD is definitely one of them.

To me, TWD still feels like an adventure game. I’d be disappointed if their next game didn’t learn some things from it.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

I love their games so I don’t care.You understand that not all adventure games have to look like each other.Telltale have their own way of making good games and I personally love them for what they do in the games!

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top