• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigar

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure (Puzzle) Scene/Shot - Part 7 (Big Spoiler) 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i couldn’t see any logic to this one, it toke me Hours of trials and errors to figure it out!.
but i still believe that there are some kind of logic behind it, and it wasn’t made to be just a foolish trial and error kind of a puzzle.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

What game is this?

What are you trying to achieve with that? What’s the purpose of the puzzle?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

this is Resonance,

and what i am trying is to resurrect/represent a puzzles(shot) of an Adventure and mostly feelings and the memories about them, and that can lead to a various kinds of discussion , Fair or not , memorable?...etc , and the variation of opinions about a certain puzzle can lead someone to put his/her hands on the magic that was at that adventure/puzzle that he/she might had forgotten long time ago.

lots of things ...but mostly i think puzzles is what stays in our mind and memory about each game finished! maybe because of the feeling of achievement(YES!) after beating one, and how someone would resurrect that feeling again.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

The pic is from Resonance. Looks a bit like a puzzle in another recent one:
J.U.L.I.A.
Edit: Oops, posted about the same time.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 06 October 2012 07:41 PM

and what i am trying is to resurrect/represent a puzzles(shot) of an Adventure and mostly feelings and the memories about them, and that can lead to a various kinds of discussion , Fair or not , memorable?...etc , and the variation of opinions about a certain puzzle can lead someone to put his/her hands on the magic that was at that adventure/puzzle that he/she might had forgotten long time ago.

Whoops.
I thought you wanted an explanation of the logic behind this puzzle.
My bad.
I’ll shut up now.
Sealed Lips

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Yes, I did not really care much for his puzzle as well. Usually when I encounter puzzles like this, i just get bored and consult a walkthrough. Generally I am not a big fan of stand alone puzzles in Adventure Games.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Gamnos - 06 October 2012 07:47 PM

The pic is from Resonance. Looks a bit like a puzzle in another recent one:
J.U.L.I.A.
Edit: Oops, posted about the same time.

Well, well, well… look who’s returned to the fold. I’d welcome you back, but I know it wouldn’t be appreciated.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 06 October 2012 04:18 PM

i couldn’t see any logic to this one, it toke me Hours of trials and errors to figure it out!.
but i still believe that there are some kind of logic behind it, and it wasn’t made to be just a foolish trial and error kind of a puzzle.

I thought this was a really good puzzle Advie. It took me about 2 hours of staring at it before the penny dropped - yes, there is a logical way of working it out!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 07 October 2012 06:20 AM

yes, there is a logical way of working it out!

the only logical way i thought, is the the two Pins at that rectangle below are resistance Pins and can not (rarely) use two resistances in one circuit , and avoid using a positive charge to charge to sustain more current !!! ..Damn, sorry but you know what chrissie !?
this puzzle makes feel like i should had joined the faculty of engineering instead of Mass-Comm .

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

My guess is that each node fills up a different number of those white boxes and you have to connect the right pins to get to an exact number without going over.

A bit like that bit in Apollo 13 when they had to come up witha start up sequence that didn’t drain the battery.

So you would need to test each connection seperatly to see how many boxes they light up then guess the value of each pin and use maths to get to the right number with the right pins.

Seems logical if that is how it works.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lucien21 - 07 October 2012 12:51 PM

My guess is that each node fills up a different number of those white boxes and you have to connect the right pins to get to an exact number without going over.

A bit like that bit in Apollo 13 when they had to come up witha start up sequence that didn’t drain the battery.

So you would need to test each connection seperatly to see how many boxes they light up then guess the value of each pin and use maths to get to the right number with the right pins.

Seems logical if that is how it works.

That’s how I found it worked Lucien, no guessing involved but you could get there by trial & error first in the time it takes!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top