• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckychrissiefurgottenJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 839

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Lardmen - 13 June 2021 10:50 AM

Hello guys! It’s gonna be my first post here and I would love to share what I am playing right now.

Since I discovered that Kao the Kangaroo will be released next year, I decided to back in time and play classical platformers from a time when I was just a child who still didn’t find games like Doom or Quake… Grin

Right now I am focusing on Croc and Earthworm Jim (this game is a BLAST!)

I strongly recommend you guys doing the same thing. You would love those games right now.

Haha, Croc and the Legend of Gobbos. Boy did I spend a lot of time on this game back when I was a wee lad who didn’t know any better. Hey, it was a Greatest Hits label Playstation game—A GREATEST HIT! Must be worth the $20, right? Wrong.

KAO The Kangaroo and EWJ are both good fun, but yeah…this is not really the forum for it. Try the ‘General Gaming’ forum we have here.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

So, still playing Phantasmagoria and man, what a shame my parents didn’t let me play this when I was a kid. It would have totally been another King’s Quest 5 nostalgia-bomb home run for me these days. As it is, so far it’s a very impressive game for its time, but not a particularly good one. Enjoyable, yes; good, not really. But to play it back when it came out might have been magical, I can see that. I mean 7 cd’s, right? That’s 3 cd’s better than Under a Killing Moon! (Oi, the way my eight year old mind worked!)

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1623

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Wife just beat broken sword 2, took her about a year. She liked it ok but thought the puzzles were worse than 1.

She now has started Broken Sword 5 and is in the second area and she is already liking it a lot better than Broken Sword 2

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Jdawg445 - 14 June 2021 07:57 AM

Wife just beat broken sword 2, took her about a year. She liked it ok but thought the puzzles were worse than 1.

She now has started Broken Sword 5 and is in the second area and she is already liking it a lot better than Broken Sword 2

I agree with your wife about BS 2. I think it’s a very good game, but not as strong as the first one. That’s good to know about BS 5, too. I liked 3 a lot, *really* didn’t like 4, and have been a little hesitant about 5 (although I’ve heard good things about it).

I am currently playing Fran Bow. What cute game, what a great character! This little girl is incorrigible, and I love it. The gore and disturbing imagery are so over the top and frequent that I became inoculated to them pretty quickly. Now I’m just entertained by the imagination behind them. I suppose I admire the distance the developers have gone in the Duotine World, even if I’m not in love with the direction. I’m enjoying trying to parse which parts of Fran’s behavior are due to her being a child, and which parts are due to her maybe being insane.
The only time I stopped being entertained by the gore and dark stuff was the pedophile security guard. They didn’t have to go there, the puzzle would have been perfectly valid without what he says. It’s just a place where I don’t feel games ought to go, just one of those things that shouldn’t be ‘joked’ about, and so to me it came off as a ‘look how hardcore we are, look how far we’re willing to go with this horrible hospital schtick.’
Other than that, all’s swell and I’m enjoying it a lot…even if I think I’m taking it with a little more lightheartedness than was intended. I see some symbolism and allegory, but I’m choosing not to process them past a certain level.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

So true, BS2 is nowhere near the classic BS1 is. BS5 was a serious return to form for the series.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Adv_Lvr - 15 June 2021 06:41 PM

So true, BS2 is nowhere near the classic BS1 is. BS5 was a serious return to form for the series.

Heart

She still doesnt really get adventure game logic though, she rolls her eyes a lot at certain things.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

But BS2 final puzzle was great, in my humble opinion…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Not enough goats, imo.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

walas74 - 16 June 2021 05:32 AM

Thats the puzzle she did like a lot. Its really some of the inventory puzzles and the order in which she had to do things, that bothers her.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

walas74 - 16 June 2021 05:32 AM

Yeah, I remember thinking when playing the game (both times) that the final area was a wonderful adventure game finale. It had a lot of fun solving it, it felt like a ‘boss’, but wasn’t so challenging or stupidly obtuse as to destroy momentum and motivation to make the final push to the end.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I have a lot to do, but the basic structure of life has been washed away. Right now, I need a good, engaging AG to give me some semblance of coherence for about a week and a half.

St. Eddie recommended “Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon” if I wanted to see what this Pandora detective dude is all about. I’ll give that a spin right now. I’ve also gone back to the text adventure “Varicella”.

Dcast and Luhr28 recommended “SOMA”, which is next on my list.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Soma presents an awesome piece of sci-fi storytelling. But it’s far removed from the adventure genre. A must play though.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

So now it is “Tales of Monkey Island” which I hope is just as good as the previous Monkey Island games I’ve played.

The most important part of the game is it’s pretty funny so far and has a great interface. I’ve never played this game before but I’ve enjoyed TTG games in the past so my fingers are crossed.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

“TEX MURPHY,  UNDER A Killing Moon”. Well this is different.

I really like the soundtrack, the acting and the tone of the game.

Pressed the spacebar, within seconds I was facing the ceiling and the room was spinning like crazy. I got the hang of it, but I’m still considering whether I’ll continue playing on a touchpad, a controller or an external mouse might make this game easier to navigate. Though I’ve tried the former and it was no cakewalk either.

Oh well. These controls are not too bad, kind of fun, actually.

Cool stuff: Tex has a book on Hiphop lingo on his desk (shout-out to Tex), Crime Link search options are kind of inclusive (shout-out to my non-binary lawbreakers!), witty jokes, nice and snappy noir-inspired dialogues.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Hello 90s, my old frenemy.

I’ve come to play a hardboiled parody.

So there’s an OJ mask in the clown shop. My better half saw two or three seconds of the game, recognized it (from making quizzes) and said: “yeah, this looks terrible.”

I don’t know. 90s acting, creative responses to trash.. talking to a dude in a dumpster, who just wants some respect.

I felt that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top