• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GirlbrushThreepWood

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Will 2013 be the biggest year ever for adventure games?

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I was talking about The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles - it’s the 2nd part.
Speaking of Pendulo, I do hope they find a way to bring us “Day One”.
I’m almost certain that D2 and D3 will be released in English as well.

Speaking of RPGs, that the one genre which is not my cup of tea at all.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

Ahh yes, I hope Critter Chronicles makes its way here as well Smile I guess it just depends on how well BOUWT does on steam. I too hope that Day One gets released, and I was pretty bummed when their crowd funding failed.

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ace Attorney 5 and Prof Layton VS Ace Attorney are coming out as well in 2013.

I’d say 2013 is going to be a good game for gaming, that is for sure.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Hoping “Beyond: Two Souls” is at least as amazing as “Heavy Rain.”

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

2013 looks excellent for adventures - but I don’t see how it’s looking bad or lackluster for other genres, though? There’s a lot of potential 2013 titles I’d like to get my hands on.

To name a lot of the games I am looking forward to (off the top of my head):

Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Ni no Kuni, Company of Heroes 2, Wasteland 2, Metro: Last Light, SimCity, Devil’s Third, The Last Guardian, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Dead Space 3, God of War: Ascension, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Doom 4 - and there is probably more I am forgetting about!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

2013 will be the best year for adventure games.

It’s looking to be so perfect… TOO perfect to be honest… Like, I would be checking my body for any irregular lumps and making sure the Mayans weren’t right. We’re really getting spoiled all at once.  Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Yes, it is really great seeing a lot of adventure games coming out in 2013. Hopefully this boost will attract more people getting into the genre, and that will in the end open up new opportunities for both new and old adventure game studios.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs has been pushed back to Q1 2013…

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think some of those kickstarter games will be pushed to 2014 but these really are exciting times for the adventure genre.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-08-31

PM

Also, isn’t Asylum coming out next year? Very much looking forward to that.

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

I forgot about this game called ‘A Science Fiction Saga’ I don’t know much about it, or even if it will be released in 2013, but it looks neat. Also, I’m hoping for at least the second Deponia game getting an English language release, and also The Critter Chronicles Smile.

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Chrono-Serge - 25 September 2012 03:31 PM

I am seriously surprised to find that Deponia is only the first in a trilogy though. That makes me not want to play it until I am certain that the next two installments will be released in English Smile.

The English version of Chaos on Deponia will be released (on Steam) early November. That’s just one month later than the German release.

http://www.deponia.de/en/

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

So Chaos in Deponia is the second game? So then it is only a PLANNED trilogy then, and the third has not been released in Germany?

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Chrono-Serge - 26 September 2012 12:52 PM

So Chaos in Deponia is the second game? So then it is only a PLANNED trilogy then, and the third has not been released in Germany?

Yes, but 3rd part is pretty sure. D1 has been the most successful adventure in Germany, or something like that.

Oh yeah, A Science Fiction Saga looks promising!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Chrono-Serge - 26 September 2012 12:52 PM

Sigh… then don’t play Deponia, who cares. It’s like you just want to nag about it.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top