• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers new logo ?!

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

“The skull idol is now the main focus, as it represents the ultimate goal of adventure, which is the reward.(umm.. skull commonly represent death and mortality,at certain view point death might be a reward alright,remember indy got the skull and barely made it out)

There are now three characters instead of two, of varied ethnicities.(is that really so) The man on the right symbolizes marshal grit and preparedness, and with his machete and rope he is ready to surmount any obstacle.(he’s a yank alright) The woman in the forefront is a Mesoamerican. She too wants to navigate through dangerous territory, her torch representing a shining light into dark, mysterious places. In her other hand is a ceremonial staff which represents faith and the more magical or spiritual aspects of so many games. (she represents ancient cultures which doesn’t exist anymore so she’s actually nothin but a myth)The third man holding a map is a Turkish scholar (another myth there’s no Turkish scholar wears fez ,Ottomans used to wear it and Arabs wearing, it’s like representing Italians with toga)who stands for exploration, scholarship and intellectual pursuits – the need for knowledge to solve puzzles and mysteries.

The jungle setting represents hindrance and challenge, as well as hidden places that need to be explored. Vampire bats in the upper right pose danger,(bats i don’t think so snakes maybe) and the monkey on top of the idol represents humor. The compass arch represents exploration, the ruin walls support the Mesoamerican theme, and the vampire god at the bottom is a dire warning of danger. The adventure title is a nod to Indiana Jones™, perhaps the modern-day epitome of the adventurer.Overall, the scene is supposed to evoke the adventure serials and movies of the ‘30s-‘50s.(If you decided to update it why you still dwelling on ‘30s-‘50s era?!) “

Well one big thing is missing for sure,the subtlety.I wish site was launch a poll with 3 choices and let forumites opinion decide the new logo.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If you took that much time to review every new game, the world would be a better place.

as for the logo, older one is better

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Gabe - 02 January 2017 11:28 AM

“The skull idol is now the main focus, as it represents the ultimate goal of adventure, which is the reward.

It’s true. The last time I went on an adventure (hiking in Nepal) I was very disappointed that I didn’t return with a golden skull statue.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I like the new logo - it glows!  Laughing

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I am not too fond of the new logo either. The old one was pretty darn good, and it really didn’t need changing I think.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2012-02-15

PM

I say a Moroccan vendor on the left,a Voodoo priestess in the forefront and a pilot for hire on the right suits better for this logo definition.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Gabe - 02 January 2017 11:28 AM

Well one big thing is missing for sure,the subtlety.I wish site was launch a poll with 3 choices and let forumites opinion decide the new logo.

Why? It’s not our site & the choice of Bill Tlller (who also designed the original) in my mind has done an excellent job of up-dating the logo to retain the look & ambience of the original.
I think forum members here have been well respected with that up-grade unlike J.A. when taken over the new owner obliterated the familiar logo featuring ‘The White House’ (the stamp of the site) which is now only ‘as a token’ included on the forum pages (& only after protests) but not for their main site (at least not last time I looked).

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

It’s always difficult to change a logo that’s so Iconic as the one we have for Adventure Gamers, it’s been a well respected and awesome logo for quite a while. Unfortunately, as it’s been there for a long time, the resolution (as in graphical resolution, it was quite small in regards of pixels) wasn’t really matching today’s requirements, which made future working with it difficult. We also felt it was time for a change, but wanted to keep true to the current logo and what it stood for.

The reasoning as described were the thoughts of the artist, you can either disagree or agree with them, but the fact remains that was in his mind when he drew the new logo. I think it’s as awesome as the previous one, with quite an evolution clear from his style in drawing over the years as well.

As for including different people from the community, we actually talked about this logo as the entire staff, doing this with 15+ people already represented many different opinions and we ended up with this end results (obviously with a large part being determined by the Artist, as it should be).

I have great respect for the old logo and will keep in mind that some folks prefer the old one, perhaps I’ll find a way for people to indicate which logo they want to see in their profile. Either way, this is the new logo and I hope over time people will learn to love it and what it stands for, it’s impossible to please everyone but we’ll certainly keep opinions in mind.

Ivo

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

It might take some time to get used to, but the new logo is already growing on me.

One thing though that is bothering me about it, the background change from green to black goes right through the bat, which kind of creates an unwanted effect and makes it look more like a blob than a bat.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I like the new logo.

P.S

The footer logo still seems to be the old one.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

For what it’s worth, I love the new logo! It’s a much-needed update while still keeping the spirit of the old version.

Changes like this just might take a little while to get used to Smile

Retired AG founder

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Lucien21 - 03 January 2017 04:24 AM

The footer logo still seems to be the old one.

Woops. Fixed Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I love that the small version that’s visible on the top and bottom of the forums is an obvious rework to fit the smaller pixel size and maintain its level of ‘crispness’ (for lack of a better word). Cool
The one-pixel glowing eyes on the bat, the contours of that vampire-y stone at the bottom, etc.
This is a lot more than just a scale-down from the logo that was presented! Top notch work!

Truly a versatile logo that’ll give us plenty of options…

Out of curiosity, what size is the biggest version Bill made?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 03 January 2017 05:19 PM

Out of curiosity, what size is the biggest version Bill made?

Max size he drew it at was 3800 × 3300

He indeed redrew the smaller version :-)

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I love the new logo, it looks great, the quality is much more detailed and better and still manages to maintain the same style as the previous one.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2003-09-14

PM

Anything Bill Tiller does is magic. The new logo is fantastic… definitely not as traditional a logo treatment as the last version - and why should it be?

It’s adventure-y and fun. Makes you take a second and third and fourth look - just like the backgrounds in his games.

Great work! I like very much. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top