• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 8 September 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ve been trying to find out when exactly Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple was first published in order to celebrate the Freelance Police’s 25th anniversary, but was unable to find a precise date (or even just a month). But Telltale seem to think that it should be around now, so there you: Sam & Max, ladies and gentlemen!

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Ahh, this game will forever be in my top 5 all-time faves. Cool Hmm, for some strange reason, when I was replaying another game in ScummVM this week, I had an urge to replay the opening cutscene to Hit the Road too. Weird! Creepy!

The first Sam & Max comic was supposedly published in June 1987, which means it was probably in comic stores a few weeks before.

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Sam & Max Hit the Road is (as you all probably know by now) one of my all-time favo(u)rites, and the funniest game there is.

I recommend you take your time and try doing/combining EVERYTHING when playing S&MHtR;. You will be lavishly rewarded.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I loved the original Sam & Max as a kid. The humor has kind of faded for me over time, but it’s still a great game.

While I love the original game oddly enough I don’t like the Telltale games at all.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

With me it’s the other way round. I thought the original overrated (but fun) and loved the first two Telltale seasons.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Both games are great but I find the Telltale funnier, while the original is charmingly quirky and artistically superior. Devil’s Playhouse was a bit disappointing though. Just a bit.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For something like 15 years, I considered that Hit the Road was the funniest game I had ever played. And then Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space came along and took that title—and is still holding it to this day.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I guess I’ll have to (finally) play TellTale’s Season 3 to make sure of that.
As it is now Hit the Road is the funniest game I’ve played.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top