• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cypher:A Cyberpunk Text Adventure

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

nomadsoul - 04 September 2012 02:59 PM

Yeah just quit the game after spending 5 minutes on typing Turn on the Note and guessing,.
Checked manual, it was Turn [ObJ] on Pan

I think the game should have logical sentence understanding built in, some Bot programs
for viral sites had more complex programming , maybe they are trying to be as
close to the genre.

i know i had some trouble with it too,and they say in the manual that this is supposed to work…hoping for a fix though it’s not such a bother to write it the other way round.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i’ve made a script for exporting and importing a save in a pc(they don’t save in files) for playing in multiple pcs.but i need someone to test it.pm me if you’re interested.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i will if i get further that is…i will play a bit later though because i have some work to do first.

btw the script i mentioned worked for me so if anyone wants it just pm.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-09-05

PM

I play only on one pc, or i didn`t catch about multiple pcs XD . I will play tomorrow, because it`s night already.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

that was a general call…but then again it is possible to use it for multiple saves to see other solutions if there are any Tongue…you just need to rename them.

the one save slot is because they don’t save on files if you catch my drift.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2012-09-05

PM

Hello, Cabrera Brothers here!

Glad you guys are enjoying the game so far! About that savegame script a user is talking about: I wouldn’t recommend to play with your savegames when you have a whole game to play with ;-) You may have unexpected results using that one and we can’t guarantee your game won’t become broken, your computer catch fire or your house explode. You can even open a black hole in time running the script along with CYPHER. We honestly don’t know.

We’ll try it out over here later when we get some free time (lots of work!) but you guys better play it safe and pass on it for now (or try it at your own risk).

That said, we are amazed by the guy who made the script. We never thought in a million years to see something like that. True coders deserves respect.

Well done CYPHER!

P.S: Someone care to guess who that guy is?

Image Attachments

Whoisthat.jpeg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

35% OFF CYPHER—Two flavors:

Leave a message in the voice of Sean Connery:
Leave a message in the voice of The Connery

Leave a message in the voice of The Bane:
Leave a message in the voice of TheBane

Both get a 35% discount!

Hurry up before the promo ends!

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

of course anyone responding would do on his own risk….afterall i asked for a tester which meant i wasn’t entirely sure myself.

but i did try a more manual way and it worked so i just scripted it to make it a bit more automatic and it worked for creating the save.the load part i had tried with the manual way.

anyways…..of course i did it first for my own convenience to be able to continue when i get out of the house for a big part of the day.and i realised that maybe someone else had the same predicament.the multiple solution perspective just came afterwards.

PS:one of the two guys from andromeda

Joined 2012-09-05

PM

Dammit! Our next facebook contest will be harder, promise… grrrr…

We are testing your script today my good man. Fantastic work of your own, we are testing it tonight. ;-)

Both get a 35% discount!

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

forgot to mention this script only applies for windows.do not own a mac so…

Joined 2012-09-05

PM

I own two macs. You are missing heaven.

*-* Javier looks at his mac with love and tender.

Both get a 35% discount!

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

well i figured from the mac folders(probably folders that are created from compilation) in the windows version….

i do want one but it’s not the right time yet.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-09-05

PM

thanks for the script, tested , everything works. I changed the file, made it more simple ))but my changes are not so serious, i can send a file with changes back if you want. It gave me error.
PS. HI, CabreraBrothers, thx for the game! OK, I`ll better go and close that black hole.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

yeah please send it back…i only wrote so far as it covered my needs.but i want to see the changes.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-09-05

PM

Man, this game is BAD!  If any of you have played a text adventure that was made within the last 5 years, you will become frustrated and upset with this game within the first 5 minutes. 

First off, the spelling and grammar is horrible.  Within the first couple paragraphs, you’ll start wondering if the characters are speaking in an accent, just because it flows so horribly.  It doesn’t even seem like they ran it through a spell-check or had a native English speaker read through the game.  There are words missing and simple words are misspelled.

Next up is the parser, I guess they wrote their own script, but man, a quick Google search will find you a free to download engine that is 100% less restrictive than this game.  Like I said earlier, if you’ve played a text adventure game within the last couple of years, you’ll get super frustrated with this parser.
> X keycard
SYNTAX ERROR
> Look at keycard (mind, there is only one keycard in the room)
BE MORE SPECIFIC
> Look at blue keycard
Yadda yadda yadda. 

These kind of parser problems were fixed 10 years ago, and I shouldn’t have to type OPEN NORTH DOOR, when there is only one door in the room.  This game isn’t difficult or have super in-depth puzzles, you’ll be fighting the parser more than you’ll be racking your brain for solutions.

If you want to play a 1980’s text adventure with some polished graphics, this is your game.  If you want to play a nice modern text adventure, hit up the IF Archive and save yourself 15 bucks on a multitude of free and much better done IF games.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

OK, I downloaded this game the other day, and started playing it last night. I really wanted to give this game a chance, but I stopped playing it after 20 minutes. Way too complicated. I actually never played a text adventure before, but I realised that this type of game is not my cup of tea. However, I think that if you are used to these kind of games, and actually like the concept, you will be in for a treat.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top