• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ben Jordan 8 - Release Date

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

SamuelGordon - 09 August 2012 09:55 AM

...Thank you Intense Degree!! Love Ben Jordan, Yay XD!  *Final Case downloading*.

All thanks go to Mr Gonzalez!

Having managed to put some serious time and effort in I finished the game this lunchtime and managed to get 2 different endings, although I understand there are 5.

Really enjoyed it, exceptionally good considering the price tag! Wink

The only questions to be resolved now are 1. Which commentary shall I go for when I replay it? and 2. What are those other 3 endings?!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2010-05-14

PM

Intense Degree - 09 August 2012 11:10 AM

All thanks go to Mr Gonzalez!

Of course! Thank you Francisco, you made one hell of a series. The 8’s intro is phenomenal, makes me wanna play all the other games again^^. Now back to the game! Cool  Also thanks for the endings part, now i’m def gonna get em all Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Just finished it. It was pretty amazing. The ending was…unexpected but fitting I think. And the precredit montage was wonderful. The only thing I don’t get is how BJ’s very strange dream fits into all of it but that’ll probably become obvious tonight when I’m gonna play the game with audio commentary.

Anyway many thanks Francisco for this very fine final installment in the series. Any hints as to what’s up next from Grundilav games?

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2010-05-14

PM

Just finished it, the ending was fitting. I prefer the bad ending, the good one was too cheesy.  The game was great, thx for a great ride Francisco and let’s hope you continue making adventure games:).  Also, anyone pick up the Cowboy Bebop tribute? Oh man that was so great:), hilarious! (huge bebop fan here^^).

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

Can’t wait to play this one Smile I’ve been playing the Ben Jordan games since the first one was released! This kind of makes me want to go back and play the previous games again Smile

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

It isn’t the end of the road for Ben Jordan. Please help a final push to get the feature film available for all! See http://www.indiegogo.com/bjmd for details.

Many thanks!

(Those who contributed back in 2010 will still receive their perks, don’t worry!!)

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

I’d been waiting for so long, I hadn’t checked in ages and now I find out it’s been out a month!?!

Wow. Might have to check this out SOON.

Congratulations, Grundislav!!

Total Posts: 165

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Started playing it earlier.
Enjoying it a lot, especially considering I occasionally have to rack my brain remembering the previous games. Real nostalgic though, hard to believe I started playing these in my early teens!

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

I think the five endings are as follows. Can someone confirm?

1. Ben walks away. Cardinal Genovese kills himself. Ben gets the girl and lives happily. The good ending.
2. Ben pushes Genovese to his death. Ben doesn’t get the girl and his life goes to hell. The bad ending.
3. Ben gets shot in Percy’s flat (death ending)
4. Ben gets his neck snapped at the door to Notre Dame (death ending)
5. Ben gets plastered in the pub and passes out. Well worth doing just to see how Ben gets as he drinks more (not a death but game over anyway)

I also am confused by something at the end.

Genovese mentioned someone encouraging him to do all he did. Who this mysterious person was didn’t seem to be explained. Hook for a further game?

Also funded the film. Having contributed to the first funding call as well, do I own one of the actors now?  Laughing

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

You missed the option not to find Alice. This adds 2 other endings. There is also the secret ending.  Deaths don’t count as endings I’m afraid.

Genovese just mentions the idea came to him in a dream.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

stepurhan, you now own the sequel character “Stephen Brown” Wink

Your signed by the cast prop and USB stick from the original campaign are also safe and awaiting a TV-ready version, then I’ll send em out to you. Thank you though, you’ll see it extremely soon now.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top