• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Edna & Harvey - leopard mode

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Hi,

Does anyone know how to unlock Edna & Harvey’s “leopard-mode”? At first I thought it’s just a joke in the credits, but I now suspect that it really exists, and that it offers a third ending to the game.

Thanks Smile

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

LOL
(click me)

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Thanks, that’s what I was looking for, but unfortunately I forgot to search the archives (that branching was uncalled for! Pan ).

Anyway, to quote Fien:

Fien - 16 May 2011 11:30 AM

But now that you mention it, there actually IS something weird with the German version of Edna. I first read about it on a forum, can’t find those posts anymore. I think, not sure, that when you finish Edna and restart the game *immediately* without leaving, things turn reddish and all locations are available. Whatever it was that turned the “God mode” on, I tried it at the time and it worked. Haven’t tried it with the English edition.

Well, it exists in the English edition, but that’s not a God mode or a leopard mode, that’s just a bug Crazy

So, the leopard mode is probably a joke, however, look at this thread on Daedalic’s official forum. It says there, among other things: “Unfortunately there is no third ending in “The Breakout” apart from the one in the Leopard Mode which i don’t want to spoil right now.”
And there are more mentionings of it there. Probably still a joke.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

behold leopard mode

but seriously.. where does that screenshot come from? photoshop joke….?

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Where did you find that screenshot zane?

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

It’s a very nice fake. Poki himself said so. Smile

PS: You can play Deponia in the “Droggelbecher” (Droggeljug) mode. Really. The entire game.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Hey Fien Smile

Fien - 28 July 2012 01:56 PM

It’s a very nice fake. Poki himself said so. Smile

Did he also admit that there is no leopard mode? Smile

Fien - 28 July 2012 01:56 PM

PS: You can play Deponia in the “Droggelbecher” (Droggeljug) mode. Really. The entire game.

I’ve just got Deponia but can’t start it until I finish Lost Horizon. How do you trigger Droggeljug mode?

By the way, it’s nice how you found a creative name for a critical bug (“God mode”), wish I was so creative when missing bugs at work (I’m a QA manager) Grin

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Aurebesh - 28 July 2012 02:34 PM

Hey Fien Smile

Hiya Beshie! Long time no see.

Yep. Jan Müller-Michaelis: ...Es wurde auch lange über unseren geheimen „Leoparden-Modus“ spekuliert, der im Handbuch erwähnt wird, aber nicht enthalten ist. Das hat im Internet für einigen Tumult gesorgt, weil, ähnlich wie bei Maniac Mansion, einige sich den Spaß erlaubt haben und behaupteten, sie hätten ihn gefunden – teilweise sogar mit selbst erstellten Beweisfotos. (lacht)

I’ve just got Deponia but can’t start it until I finish Lost Horizon. How do you trigger Droggeljug mode?

It’s in the main menu. Not sure if you have to finish the game first or if it’s there from the start. Anyway, you can watch it on youtube. One minute of droggeljuggin will be enough for most people. Smile

By the way, it’s nice how you found a creative name for a critical bug (“God mode”), wish I was so creative when missing bugs at work (I’m a QA manager) Grin

Creative, moi? Nooooo. It’s the usual term for this kind of cheat. Even if it’s a bug in Edna, it does give the player access to all rooms.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

thats a funny fake then Tongue
im going to have to get deponia soon… just recently finished chains of satinav.

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Fien - 28 July 2012 05:03 PM

Hiya Beshie! Long time no see.

Smile

Yep. Jan Müller-Michaelis: ...Es wurde auch lange über unseren geheimen „Leoparden-Modus“ spekuliert, der im Handbuch erwähnt wird, aber nicht enthalten ist. Das hat im Internet für einigen Tumult gesorgt, weil, ähnlich wie bei Maniac Mansion, einige sich den Spaß erlaubt haben und behaupteten, sie hätten ihn gefunden – teilweise sogar mit selbst erstellten Beweisfotos. (lacht)

Wow, Google Translate has improved so much since last I tried it! Smile Ok, it means it’s time to uninstall the game, as there’ nothing more to see Meh

Creative, moi? Nooooo. It’s the usual term for this kind of cheat. Even if it’s a bug in Edna, it does give the player access to all rooms.

Well, yeah, but in this case you unlock everything yourself while playing, and only THEN you have everything unlocked… I guess it’s a demigod mode then Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top