• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 26 July 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Birthday time again! I’m not going to do a special thread for every designer’s birthday (I’m too lazy to look up everyone), but that pic (from the Full Throttle intro) is just too cute/scary not too subject everyone to it whenever possible. So: today is Tim Schafer’s 45th birthday. Happy birthday Tim!

(I don’t really have anything to say about the game itself, so I’ll leave that to you guys.)

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Full Throttle really is very memorable and distinctive game. It’s been over 15 years and I instantly recognised the picture. Not to mention it’s a great game. I even enjoyed the bike fighting. Totally sucked in the derby though.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2005-07-01

PM

Man I loved this game!  Was always hoping for a sequel, but it doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen.  I thought I heard the TellTale had bought the rights, is that true?

“When government surveillance and intimidation is called “freedom from terrorism” or “liberation from crime”, freedom and liberty have become words without meanings.”
~ Chad Dumier, “Deus Ex”

The Adventure Game Enthusiast

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

This is one Lucasarts game I never got into. I hate all things bikes and bikies, and I saw the game as too much a Schafer love affair for those things, just like that heavy metal game he made later on. But that’s unfair of me because I’ve only played about a third of it with a friend, and I really should play the whole thing one day.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Full Throttle, it’s short but it’s sweet and incredibly funny. And I absolutely LOVED the songs by Gone Jackals!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I liked Full Throttle a lot. It has a centain unique style and its riddles were smart (does anyone remember the bunnies in the minefield?). What I liked most is that while other characters in adventure games would have looked for some kind of exquisite (sic) solution in every obstacle, Ben was ready to force his way through. Kick the Door!! Pull the bartender’s nosering to the bar!! And to think that I hate bikes. Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Why do people hate bikes?! Gasp

Not that I’m a biker or anything, don’t even want to watch Sons of Anarchy even though they’re praised it to the heavens (same thing with Sopranos - mafia guys, ech).

But as much as I disliked biker gangs really, I think bikes look pretty nice. And Ben is badass in the good way.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

millenia - 26 July 2012 03:57 PM

Why do people hate bikes?! Gasp

Not that I’m a biker or anything, don’t even want to watch Sons of Anarchy even though they’re praised it to the heavens (same thing with Sopranos - mafia guys, ech).

But as much as I disliked biker gangs really, I think bikes look pretty nice. And Ben is badass in the good way.

Personally, the reason I hate bikes is the fact that I have seen TOO many bike accidents already (from friends and relatives. Haven’t been in one myself). Mind you, it is much easier to die in a bike accident than in a car one. Despite that Full Throttle is a great game and I loved it, someone could say that Full Throttle could be a bad influence especially for younger players and lead them to unsocial behaviours.

I still liked it though. Smile

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

happy birthday Tim. That game was going to be probably my favorite game if it wasn’t for its abusing short length. You don’t have to be a bike lover to enjoy it. It just got the atmosphere. That trashy future dystopia almost felt like I was playing Fallout. It wasn’t so easy, but it was just like an interactive movie to me. You could play it for a five hour session but it deserves every single minute of it.
I had already hated Hell On Wheels when it was announced but I was really looking forward to the Payback sequel. Hope it’s for the best and the name is still untainted.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

One of the reasons I love games, music, adventures… Soundtrack is a special story. Riff from “Legacy” is the best use of distortion ever, and “Drop the Hammer” with Ben riding into the sunset is still the most romantic scene in games.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

Gone Jackals kick butt! Grin Does anyone besides me own the CD Bone to Pick? Like Grim Fandango, I’ll play Full Throttle at least once a year (sometimes just to hear Ben say “I’m not putting my lips on that.”) My former co-worker and her husband who are weekend bikers had never heard of the game, so I gave them my extra copy as a present. They’re not gamers, but they still love playing FT with their grandkids!

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It was one of my favourite intros and it immediately gives you insight into the characters.

“when ever I smell Asphault I think of Maureen”

It’s a shame the game was so short.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top