• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 22 July 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

When I was a kid, my parents and I would spend an hour or so every day (+ more in the week-ends) playing adventure games together, and those are some of the fondest memories from my childhood. But there’s one memory I’d rather erase and it’s Rise of the Dragon.

I must have been 8 or 9 at the time and that game completely traumatized me. I don’t think I actually played it with my parents (I must have chickened out after the intro), because I have almost no memory of it, but I must have sneaked in from time to time since there are three scenes I remember very vividly: that scene in the intro where the drug kills the girl, the scene at the end where the bad guy mutates into Bahumat, and above all this scene here. I haven’t touched the game in over 20 years, but that image has been seared into my brain and before I went looking for the pic yesterday I could see it in perfect detail in my mind. (Interestingly, it’s that image that stuck in my mind, not the gorier ones that came a few seconds later; I had probably run out of the room in terror at that point and never saw them.)

Rise of the Dragon provided my 8-year-old self with several weeks’ worth of nightmares. I have to this day an irrational fear of it and I know I’ll never go anywhere near it again.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I loved those old Dynamix games.

Heart of China was probably the best of the bunch, but I enjoyed the hell out of Rise of the Dragon.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Oh I nearly forgot. I remember there was ways to dead end the game if you spoke to people the wrong way and they stopped talking too you.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It was such a shame that Dynamix was bleeding cash around this time. Their adventure games were on their way to surpassing the main Sierra ones.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top