• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Overseer Subliminal Easter Egg

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I discovered an easter egg in Tex Murphy: Overseer this weekend and am posting this to show people in case it isn’t well known. If this is common knowledge, I apologize for wasting your time.

Anyway, I have never been able or willing to go through the effort to get the DVD version of the game working on any of my computers so I simply popped in the DVD and started watching the individual video files in a media player this weekend.

During the video where the assassins storm Robert Knott’s cabin, I happened to pause the video at just the right time when I was interrupted by a phone call, and noticed that they had inserted an image of Big Jim Slade in between the muzzle flashes of the guns.

I had certainly never noticed this before and I’ve played the CD version of the game 2 or 3 times. It’s very quick and easy to miss.

Here are the screenshots of the muzzle flash, followed by the Big Jim Slade easter egg:

The file can be found at \DATA\C14\C14.020 on the DVD and the screenshots above are taken at about 2:06 in the video.

I then checked another video from that part of the game and found the same thing there as well:

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

That’s cool.  I’ve never noticed that before.  I’m just about to start another play through so I’ll definitely look for it in my GOG version.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I just started playing the GOG version. I’ll keep an eye out for it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

That’s pretty wacky, interestin’. I just got this on gog too, first time playing it, cool stuff.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

lol… nice find! Makes me wanna play those games again.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top