• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Boxed or disc versions of Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel and A Stroke of Faith

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Do the English releases of Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel and A Stroke of Faith have boxed and/or disc versions? If not, what about non-English releases?

While I’m at it, another question about these two games - I always thought the same company developed both games - Akella. However, looking at the game pages here on AG, it seems that not only were these games developed by different developers, neither developer is Akella. So how is Akella related to these games? The Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel AG review says Akella is the developer (A Stroke of Faith’s review doesn’t mention a developer).

Thanks Smile

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

No English boxed version exists for either game, though I can’t say for sure a foriegn boxed copy doesn’t have English localizations included.

A Stroke of Fate was developed by SPLine. Akella published both games.  And I think they developed DMH in-house.  Or at least took it over at some point.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

Yes, Akella published both in Russia long time ago. They were developed by independent studios, and Akella took it over at some point, as Jackal said. But I’m not sure if they still exist. I’m not even sure if Akella exists Smile I heard it went bankrupt recently.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Thanks for all the info Smile

Jackal - 22 June 2012 02:46 PM

No English boxed version exists for either game, though I can’t say for sure a foriegn boxed copy doesn’t have English localizations included.

Some games that don’t have retail boxed versions can still be ordered on a disc online instead of downloading. Is this available for these two games?

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Arial Type - 22 June 2012 04:43 PM

Yes, Akella published both in Russia long time ago. They were developed by independent studios, and Akella took it over at some point, as Jackal said. But I’m not sure if they still exist. I’m not even sure if Akella exists Smile I heard it went bankrupt recently.

Wait a sec! Akella is not bankrupt. At least month ago they weren’t. In summer they moved their office.
Akella also published the English versions.

Original Russian version of Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel was developed by Ukrainian company Electronic Paradise. I talked with CEO 9 months ago and then the company was operating. English version of DMH was “localized” by Akella.

A Stroke of Fate was developed by SPLine. There are actually 2 parts, second is not released in English. Original releases are named (translation from Russian):
Archives of the NKVD: Hunting the Fuehrer. “Operation Valkyrie”
Archives of the NKVD: Hunting the Fuehrer. “Operation “Bunker”

I doubt there will ever be boxed version of those games. Releaseing digitally is cheaper and it’s good those games got released at all.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2012-09-26

PM

Sorry this is a little off-topic, but does anybody have any info on whether Stroke of Fate; Bunker has been released or is getting an english release? I actually really liked Valkyrie and have been waiting ever-so-patiently for news of Bunker Meh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top