• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Longest Journey - Funcom/Ragnar Tornquist

Poll: Agree?
Total Votes: 37
Yes! HD remake or true point and click sequel
No. I hate this game or Dreamfall is good for me!
I don’t care!

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I love both TLJ and Dreamfall and I don’t think TLJ needs a HD remake. Sure it would be nice but I’d rather have a sequel. To either and to both (I would assume that Dreamfall Chapters is supposed to be for both).

I have briefly tried The Secret World on beta and while it’s not bad, it didn’t really grip me like the adventure games did. I’m sure the world would suck me in if I gave it a better shot but I’m not sure I want to pay 50e plus some monthly fees for that. Will most likely check it out when I can pick it up with 5e from Steam sale or something. I wish the game all the success though, even if we have to wait Dreamfall Chapters a bit longer. At least there’s Jensen and Jones keeping me busy meanwhile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2007-02-25

PM

I don’t want a remake, I want a sequel. Where’s Dreamfall Chapters? Dreamfall is flawed yes, but I still love it for the great story line and graphics. TLJ is just fine the way it is.

Currently Playing: Chicory: A Colorful Tale

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

I’m not a wealthy man but I’d dig deep to help “Kickstart” any sort of new installment in this fantastic series!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I liked both TLJ and Dreamfall. I hope the next project is Dreamfall: Chapters.

I want to see what happens next.

Thumbs Up

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I had hoped to find some info about the sequel to DF here but alas, it seems nothing has happened yet. I guess we can forget about there ever being a sequel. Pity, both games (TLJ and DF) are worth it.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Ragnar’s AMA on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/vhhwg/i_am_ragnar_tørnquist_senior_producer_and/

[2] Question (BeardNoir):
  The Longest Journey remains, to this day, the best game I have ever played. Ahead of Deus Ex, the entire Half-Life franchise, and every adventure game that I grew up with that soldified my passion for gaming.
  With that being said, Dreamfall was, to me, a disappointment. The story seemed to have suffered tremendously (I would suspect in an attempt to increase cross-platform appeal). What I would like to ask you is this, “Will we ever see a true sequel to The Longest Journey?”
  Thank you for taking the time to do this AMA and for your involvement in what I feel is one of the greatest tales ever told.

[3] Answer (RagnarTornquist):
  Thank you! And I’m sorry!
  And yes, the saga will continue. We shan’t disappoint you. I hope.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Now where have I heard things like that before?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I certainly want a sequel to finish the series, rather than a remake.

However I don’t agree that Dreamfall sucked.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

inm8#2 - 23 June 2012 10:54 PM

Ragnar’s AMA on reddit.
[3] Answer (RagnarTornquist):
  Thank you! And I’m sorry!
  And yes, the saga will continue. We shan’t disappoint you. I hope.

This better be true! And it must be point and click style otherwise just screw it :p

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I chose I don’t care in the poll, but to be frank none of the choices were good…  I love both Dreamfall and TLJ for different reasons, so I really want a sequel and would be ready to spend 100$ kickstarting that (it’s the one game I really want to see released as soon as possible)...

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Dreamfall is the only game that I care to see a sequel of - as long as that sequel concludes the story. Otherwise the tendency of leaving stories unfinished is in any case inexcusable, especially if a sequel is not guaranteed, and I would hate to encourage it.
Making a remake, while the story is not even completed yet and considering that both games are recent and still very playable, would be a terrible waste of time and resources.

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TBH I found Dreamfall to be a lot more immersive than Longest Journey, perhaps the graphics and the length of story was better. I definitely would prefer a sequel than a remake.

Currently playing: Starcraft II
Recently finished: Resonance, Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Diablo 3

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I have yet to play Dreamfall. I want to, just not sure when. If GOG puts it on sale this week or next, I’ll get it.

I remember reading these forums back when it came out. It seemed that Dreamfall really polarized people. Some loved the open world exploration, others hated the combat. Good times.

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Funcom today confirmed that they’ve laid off 50% of their staff. Furthermore they’ve announced that - along their continued work on The Secret World - “The Company will concentrate its new development on more focused, systems-driven games that have a high degree of community and player interaction”.

Doesn’t look too positive regarding Dreamfall Chapters - while the category “systems-driven games” is pretty broad in scope, it usually doesn’t include adventure games Meh

Well, at least Ragnar Tornquist feels strongly about a sequel, so I guess they’ll keep it on their to-do-list for now…

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/28/the-secret-world-moves-200000-units-funcom-to-focus-on-smaller-titles-in-the-future/

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah came to post this bu it also says

“Future games from Funcom will be based on more focused, gameplay and player driven games, more in line with the developments in todays market. Such games have shorter development time, and less upfront investment. Examples are League of Legends, World of Tanks and Minecraft”.

I was wondering uptill now why they were so keen on pushing TSW and thought that the game would be success after failure of Conan. Hoping in MMO bandwagon doesn’t confirm success.
Well they will fail again.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top