• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

We’d love to hear what you think about the new site. Of course, keep in mind that changes usually take a little while to get used to. If something seems to be in the “wrong place” right now, it could be just because you’re extremely used to seeing it someplace else. It’s probably a good idea to give yourself a little while to adjust.

Some of the older articles may be missing some images, but we hope to get those minor issues ironed out quickly. If you see any other bugs, please let us know.

If you have feedback or ideas for the site, or suggestions regarding the site content, you can post it in this forum. You can also use the feedback widget on the right hand side of the screen - it doesn’t require a login and also allows you to vote on other people’s feedback.

While we’re not likely to change anything major right now (as we’re pretty happy with the new site!), we can use your feedback for future site updates.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Seems really nice. One thing I miss is the front page forum updates.

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Thanks. It’s under “Community Activity”.

Retired AG founder

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Oh, right. There it is Smile Well another thing I don’t like is that the game’s A-Z list is divided into pages. But I guess that’s the kind of thing you get used to…

Edit: O’oh… where’s the review’s A-Z list…? Don’t tell me it’s nonexistent… Embarassed

Edit 2: whew… found it!  Heart

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Take my comment with the knowledge that I’m extremely nitpicky at these things, but the gradients show nasty compression artifacts (banding).

I’m a fan of the look in feel in general. The site, with its larger typefaces, looks great on my iPad too! Fantastic job!

EDIT: Oh, and congratulations on the seamless transition from the old environment! Migrating isn’t easy!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The improved sorting options to find games are a nice thing. I could have lived without user reviews and scores, but whatever.

A few problems/questions:

1) Is there a way to get the latest comments/user reviews?

2) The new font used for the articles (Open Sans) makes my head hurt. Seriously. Or maybe the line spacing / word spacing need to be tweaked. Or it’s just too big. I don’t know, but I find articles really hard to read now.

I have more forums-related comments, but I’ll post those in another thread.

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

After a few clicks i’m very pleased to say that I found everything I need for. Thank you for keeping the style and making some huge improvements for search-functions! Love your work! Heart

Edit: Eh… wait a minute… the game reviews… there’s just a verdict… no article anywhere… what the..? And where are pros and cons?

Edit2: Found them… that’s rather confusing… If I press the reviews and then click the game I was searching for… it doesn’t give a review, but a game info page… there’s a small link beside the game “read the review” .... quite misleading… I don’t like that.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

One of the first pages I checked out was http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/17931 (I was checking if I needed to update the link to it on my site), and I find that the article is full of missing images. (I’m guessing this may be a problem with more of the older articles.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

The migration planning was very bad. You’ve broken all of the current discussions we were having, which is the main purpose of a forum.

Yesterday, I read a very big topic and posted a reply to enter the discussion. Had I known you were going to lock it, I wouldn’t have bothered.

If you are going to make changes like that and won’t migrate current topics (at least in the near future), put big warnings with big and blinking letters in different colors and languages all over the place, so everyone can know easily what you are planning to do.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

We were warned over a month ago, by a prominent sticky announcement at the top of all forums.
Edit: And an article on the main site a few days ago.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

FYI, for the admins, when you receive an email saying a new response has been made to one of your postings, the link apparently only takes you to the home page and not to the specific page of interest.

So far I like the new site a lot.  User reviews will be key.

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Are you sure about that? I just checked and went right to this topic. Even to the new post.

Here’s what I got in the mail:

Someone just posted in a thread you subscribed to at:
AG forums

The title of the thread is:
Got feedback on the new site?

The post can be found at:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewreply/94/

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I haven’t looked around a lot yet but I like the new ‘open’ design. It reads more nicely than the old site. I was a bit disappointed when I logged in and the site didn’t say: “Thank you for logging in, tsa.”

Edit: Oh, and another, more serious thing: when you post something you are transferred back to the beginning of the thread (or the top of the page). That will take some getting used to.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Erwin_Br - 19 May 2012 03:53 PM

Are you sure about that? I just checked and went right to this topic.

Interesting…  Your link seems to work fine.  Maybe the difference is I posted on an article, not the forum.  Here’s what I got by email:

Responses have been added to the entry you subscribed to at:
Articles

The title of the entry is:
Syberia

You can see the comments at the following URL:
http://ee.adventuregamers.com/index.php/syberia/

That link doesn’t work for me.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Interplay - 19 May 2012 03:56 PM
Erwin_Br - 19 May 2012 03:53 PM

Are you sure about that? I just checked and went right to this topic.

Interesting…  Your link seems to work fine.  Maybe the difference is I posted on an article, not the forum.  Here’s what I got by email:

Responses have been added to the entry you subscribed to at:
Articles

The title of the entry is:
Syberia

You can see the comments at the following URL:
http://ee.adventuregamers.com/index.php/syberia/

That link doesn’t work for me.

Yeah, it wouldn’t Frown

Should be fixed now (I hope). This software has a million ‘base url’ settings.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Love the new clean look. Hate the antiquated software behind it. It sucks. It’s ten years behind vBulletin / phpBB / anything else.

Current list of bugs/gripes:
* How do I make lists? Tongue
* I cannot stress enough how annoying it is that the forum software does not remember where I left off in each individual thread. I can’t even begin to understand how you can not have seen this as a deal-breaker.
* If I start typing a Fast reply, and then decide to switch to the full editor, all the text gets lost.
* Could we have a link to the forum software help somewhere? I’m sure there are some feature that actually exist but I don’t know how to use them (keyboard shortcuts in the editor for italics/bold, how to do strike-through text, etc.)

There were more things, but I’ve already forgotten them. Basically, everything than every other forum software has had for years.

Also, there are a couple problems which are probably on your side:
* I cannot see smileys in posts.
* The box to edit your signature is too wide, and so you can’t see the text at the end of lines.
* Also, could we get a few more characters for signatures? The limit was higher on the old forums, and I don’t think it got abused by anyone.

EDIT: And another one: the icons for pinned threads are the same colour as those for threads with new posts, even if they have no new posts. That’s confusing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top