• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

HeXit - Point and Click Sci-fi Adventure Game on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I’d love to back more unknown teams, but the only thing that would convince me to do so is either A) a playable demo or B) 10-15 minutes of gameplay footage, so I know exactly what I’m getting in regards to writing, animation, puzzles etc.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2009-12-11

PM

HeXit is being made by CyberPhobX.  This will be their first adventure game, but they’ve made games before in the strategy genre, such as the Police Simulator series and Traffic Manager:

Police Simulator gameplay
Police Simulator 2 gameplay
Police Simulator 2 cutscenes
Traffic Manager gameplay

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I just had to see how this thread could possibly go four pages and now I know. 

I’d just like to chime in and say that I’m a long-time female Adventure game player, probably longer than Bulak has been alive, judging by his immature attitudes, and I was a mean Countrstrike player before I got deathly tired of all the kill games.  Of course I played with a male persona to avoid all the sexism that was even more rampant than it is today.  I’d like to think society as a whole is growing up, but that is demonstrably not true of some people still.

Bulak will always equal bullock in my mind from now on.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

You got to laugh at some people’s sense of self-importance. So, you come into the topic, vent off your anger, says absolutely nothing useful with a cliche-bomb and not even a single argument. I guess this shows just how mature you are.

“I’d like to think society as a whole is growing up, but that is demonstrably not true of some people still.”

It’s growing up and you are obviously part of this growth spectacle, aren’t you?

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

*snicker*

“There are none so deaf as those who will not hear”.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

orient - 14 June 2012 10:12 AM

I was discouraged by the protagonist, not because it’s a woman (possibly a cyborg, considering how plastic she looks), but because of how they managed to cram so many ass shots in such a short trailer. I’m not a prude in any way, but the suits she wore looked like a sci-fi nerd’s wet dream. It’s kind of embarrassing.

Kinda early to judge the art style, but I don’t think she looks plastic, I’ll assume she’s human. Though of course I dig Ghost in the Shell. Anyways, I don’t mind some sexuality in games, to me its odd how sexuality has become un-PC in entertainment.

Anyways, this game looks promising, highly cool! Thumbs Up I kicked in myself. It’s struggling though, which is too bad since we’ve had a good run of adventure games succeeding on there recently. Go go HeXit!

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

Dara100 - 25 June 2012 01:04 PM

*snicker*

“There are none so deaf as those who will not hear”.

Oh really?

OK, I’m going to look in a 13-yo girl blog for some pre-made offences. Hold on…

“What comes from below doesn’t reach me”

Done. There you go.

About the game, besides she looking overly sexy and made of plastic, I can’t picture her as a cop. Something similar happened to that game “Captain Morgane and the Turtles” or something like that…

Sometimes the authors fail to fit a character to a role. This’s more problematic when it is the main role. Picture they were making an action movie, like a Rambo remake, and they hired Justin Bieber or Rick Martin for the main role…

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

There are cops who I’ve seen in reality for example who are thinner than her. Being a police officer doesn’t mean you look big, tough, or whathaveyou.

Plus, that’s the beauty of art, it doesn’t all have to be realistic. While I’m sure there’s a cop or two out there who’s very attractive, even if there weren’t it’d be fine. Hell, she could even be a talking dog with a hat who’s a cop and… well hey, there’s a game. Bunny sidekick? Wink

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

PsychoGoatee - 28 June 2012 09:25 PM

There are cops who I’ve seen in reality for example who are thinner than her. Being a police officer doesn’t mean you look big, tough, or whathaveyou.

Plus, that’s the beauty of art, it doesn’t all have to be realistic. While I’m sure there’s a cop or two out there who’s very attractive, even if there weren’t it’d be fine. Hell, she could even be a talking dog with a hat who’s a cop and… well hey, there’s a game. Bunny sidekick? Wink

Confused Confused Confused

I said I don’t picture her as a cop, that’s all I said.

I didn’t make any analogy to cops in real world nor that it had to be realistic and didn’t said how I thought she should be, so I have no idea what you are talking about lol

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

It kinda seemed on topic, for one you said she looked “overly sexy”, so I talked about that for a couple sentences. We’ve all got different taste of course. Also just joining in on the general talk of her character design, which I think works fine.

Anyways, hope this game gets off the ground.

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

PsychoGoatee - 28 June 2012 10:08 PM

It kinda seemed on topic, for one you said she looked “overly sexy”, so I talked about that for a couple sentences. We’ve all got different taste of course. Also just joining in on the general talk of her character design, which I think is fine.

I see. For me she just isn’t convincing as a cop in the actual settings of the game, it has nothing to do with real life. In my opinion, the trailer depicts what seems to be a “serious” game. If it were a comedy/parody game, for example, I think she could have fit into the main role better.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

It doesn’t look like it is going to get funded, only 4 days left and they haven’t raised a third of the money.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Project looked interesting, but yeah, I really doubt it’ll reach its goal. 75k is also asking a lot for a project by more or less completely unknown developers.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top