• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Some news about the game

Launch date is June 6 - Europe/PAL territories and June 3 North America

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Last preview was bad, hope its not shit…summer timing is right, hope again that
E3 hype wont supress it.

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

Looks pretty cool but the “adventure game” aspects look pretty tame/casual. I hope there’s some good problem solving. Also that fedora is super cringey.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

nomadsoul - 04 March 2014 12:13 PM

Last preview was bad, hope its not shit...summer timing is right, hope again that
E3 hype wont supress it.

Well… It is developed by the same studio that brought us Dark Void. Not exactly a glowing recommendation, even if Quantum Conundrum was decent.

Their shoddy history aside the game does look interesting. I’m looking forward to it, though I’m not expecting a masterpiece.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

New? trailer looks good:

Release in 2 weeks. Still debating to get it or not. The gameplay shows potential to be great but I need to read some impressions to see if they work out. (If the main character was actually Joey Mallone I would have full confidence Smile )

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Last I read they added significant combat elements to the game. Joy.

It is the first “adventurous” kinda game on the PS4 - so far I’m hoping further down the road things get better.

Shifty Eyed

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Guess i should wait for this game before selling my 360, the lead guy without hat looks like Alanwake, maybe thats the end mystery Tongue.

For all its suspense building i hope they have some good climax. The NPCs look boring.
And the ghost smoking cig, repeated animations?? Looks off.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

My retailer is calling me that he has the game for 4 days and i think i just get it
today.
The early impressions from my other friends aint so hot.

Probably my last game on 360.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Just a heads up for enyone wanting the PC version.
Greenmangaming has a good price and a 50% discount with the coupon ZMMIEX-EW1476-0PNL11. ACtivates on Steam.

T took the plunge and pre-ordered it, but only unlocks at the end of the week. Hope the game is good.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Polygon gave it a 7: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/3/5765892/murdered-soul-suspect-review

Others haven’t been so generous though:
Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/murdered-soul-suspect-the-kotaku-review-1585189528
http://www.ign.com/games/murdered-soul-suspect/ps4-20012628

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not worried about the scores but the impressions that the story and gameplay are bad are disappointing. Hopefully is just one of those cases where the lack of marketing translates in average reviews by mainstream sites.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Reviews are polarizing but most of them shitting on Story which is my main concern.
I can take crap mechanics and all but if story ends being generic then it means
waste of time and money.

Since i have no more last gen games to look out for, have to give it a shot and see if its The shit or just shit. But i am renting it Tongue

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It has numerous combat sections so I would not call this an adventure game.

Survival Horror maybe.

However, for the Xbox 1 and PS4 it’s all they got for now.

I am going to wait for quite sometime before considering this game - $59.99 for a game without consistent stellar reviews I don’t do to often.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

I’ve been anticipating this game for months. Pre-ordered it last month and i’ve been really excited that it’s coming soon. so today I checked out the reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/murdered-soul-suspect

WAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Meh  Confused Mini Frown  Thumbs Up  Shifty Eyed  Embarassed  Foot in mouth  Frown

WAH WAH!

It has pretty shiteous reviews Frown Such a shame!

ONE positive review. Jeez.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-09-09

PM

I’m a few hours into it now and I’d say that any adventure fan would probably enjoy it (especially given it’s already £15 at SimplyCDKeys and is likely to drop quickly from there!)

I have to wonder how Dave Gilbert feels about it though, as it comes pretty close to essentially being a big budget version of the Blackwell games, down to featuring a young female medium (whose mother is also a medium) solving crimes with the help of a ghost who himself has a criminal background...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top