• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The St. Christopher’s School Lockdown

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-06-04

PM

So a friend of mine I’ve known off and on through the internet recently started a Kickstarter for her adventure game, The St. Christopher’s School Lockdown.  Initially I was impressed that she was actually doing a Kickstarter—I’ve thought about doing one for my own project but I haven’t had the gumption.  Well having actually looked at the concept for the project I was immediately attracted by the setting and the art style.  Here’s an abstract about the game:

The St. Christopher’s private school, known across the UK for its prestigious staff, its high test results, its generous scholarships and its breathtaking architecture, has been seized by its student body. Roughly two hundred teenagers (and even a few primary schoolers), led by the charismatic and headstrong Roger Spencer, have taken their own campus by storm, staging a lock-in protest against severe new financial rulings set forth nation-wide by the Ministry of Education. Barricaded within the building and facing pressure from the police, the government and the media, the young St. Christopher’s crusaders are going to find out how quickly things can go from bad to worse…

I just got done playing through Persona 4 Golden (fantastic game, btw) and having become enamored with games with heavy social-style gameplay her game was a nice coincidence. I got pretty enthusiastic, backed for an amount that is no doubt going to strain my budget, and then promised to help spread the word. I saw this site and you folks seem fairly receptive to Kickstarters so I thought I would make a post.  That and I like to keep my word. Wink

Anyway, here’s a bunch of links for your perusal.

Official Site: http://www.classroom-graffiti.com/
Kickstarter Page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1645187100/the-st-christophers-school-lockdown
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150330270

Cheers.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This looks like an intriguing concept, and I like how they’re upfront about the funding being only for the playable demo and pilot episode. Promising, I’ll definitely keep an eye on this one! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-06-05

PM

Hi guys, I’m the St.Christopher’s creative content editor, which just means that I edit all sorts of stuff and make sure my boss doesn’t look like a… suspiciously perfect person, of course, which is her natural condition!

We greatly appreciate your support, Monthigos, and thanks for posting those links. We passionately believe in the St. Chris story, style, and its synergy of classic and cutting edge features.  We just need to GO STRONG on kickstarter right now, so we can move full speed ahead in 2013.  I’ll be happy to address any questions or comments in this thread!

—Greg Cassel

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have one question, i can see that your £20,000 stretch goal is voice acting for cinematic sequences, does that mean that the rest of the game wont be voiced, not even as a stretch goal?

Other then that I think it looks intriguing!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2013-06-05

PM

Hi Iznogood and thanks for your interest!  We are definitely open to the idea of a fully voiced game at this point in time.  However, as fans of games both old and new, we don’t think voice acting always helps.  This is often especially true with lower budget titles.  I’m sure we’ve all had bad experiences with cheesy voice acting that ruined a game’s mood!  This sort of thing is especially important with St. Chris.  We may have lots of classic or “retro” style but this is also a serious dramatic story.  We want and need for players to identify with the characters and the serious consequences of their (often morally ambiguous) decisions. 

In other words, we fully hope and intend to have awesomely voice-acted cinematics via our budget goals, and we’ll still consider top-notch voice acting for the REST of the game as well.  We just won’t do it unless we’re doing it right.  We don’t consider it a proper stretch goal at this time, but we’ll certainly be monitoring feedback and suggestions on kickstarter and everywhere else.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Veru - 05 June 2013 04:49 PM

Hi Iznogood and thanks for your interest!  We are definitely open to the idea of a fully voiced game at this point in time.  However, as fans of games both old and new, we don’t think voice acting always helps.  This is often especially true with lower budget titles.  I’m sure we’ve all had bad experiences with cheesy voice acting that ruined a game’s mood!  This sort of thing is especially important with St. Chris.  We may have lots of classic or “retro” style but this is also a serious dramatic story.  We want and need for players to identify with the characters and the serious consequences of their (often morally ambiguous) decisions. 

In other words, we fully hope and intend to have awesomely voice-acted cinematics via our budget goals, and we’ll still consider top-notch voice acting for the REST of the game as well.  We just won’t do it unless we’re doing it right.  We don’t consider it a proper stretch goal at this time, but we’ll certainly be monitoring feedback and suggestions on kickstarter and everywhere else.

Yeah don’t do it if its not helping the case, it worked with many NDS games like Hotel Dusk and World Ends with you, the artstyle is close to later, which is a good thing in my book. Smile

Joined 2013-06-05

PM

nomadsoul - 05 June 2013 04:55 PM

...it worked with many NDS games like Hotel Dusk and World Ends with you, the artstyle is close to later, which is a good thing in my book. Smile

The lady-in-chief was really pleased that you mentioned those particular games, nomadsoul.  Smile

Joined 2013-06-05

PM

Hi guys, I wanted to post a quick update to the Adventure Gamers community. Our kickstarter campaign for St. Chris is 60% funded with 17 days to go:  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1645187100/the-st-christophers-school-lockdown
We’re barely on course to get funded IF our current pledge pace continues.

Our team is dying to focus on this classic point-and-clicker with contemporary characters and issues. In fact, we WILL see the game made somehow, some way! If this kickstarter falls short, however, it will greatly delay us and probably compromise some design goals.  So, in addition to welcoming kickstarter supporters with open arms and sloppy wet kisses—well, we have a dog—we’d love any advice on finishing our campaign strongly.  Any crowdfunding experts out there?

In case anyone missed it, Ingmar Böke did an awesome in-depth interview with our lead designer last week:  http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/24779  So please check that out, and thanks so much for any support and interest!

—Greg Cassel, Classroom Graffiti Productions

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I think it’s been going quite well because the last 25% or so always comes just in the last few days but of course, keep promoting Smile.

I have pledged for the first episode. I’d be interested in all episodes but that 30£ is a bit too steep for me.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2013-06-05

PM

Thanks so much for your support, millennia! You may well be right about the funding, and I obviously hope that you are.  Our team can’t afford to count on past trends, which probably reflect many “now or never” exhortations from campaigners.  Wink  Also, we’re not willing to give up all of our stretch goals without a fight!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Veru - 23 June 2013 09:32 PM

We’re barely on course to get funded IF our current pledge pace continues.

I agree with millenia.

Don’t underestimate the enormous drive the campaign will get in its last 48 hours. You’re practically guaranteed to get funded if you’ve already got 60% by now.

The thing that’s important right now is getting the current pledge pace higher, so you can aim for stretch goals (instead of merely reaching the main goal).

Has the interview helped, btw?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-06-05

PM

I think the interview helped lots, TiMovieMan, with those that took the time to read it—it’s rather enormous.  Smile  That “help” may have been more a case of inspiring our base than attracting new pledges, but of course, an inspired base is critical—especially for the final push.

We’ve also had support from industry figures such as Josh Mandel, Agustín Cordes and Martin Ganteföhr because they’re very enthusiastic about our plans.  I’d still guess that’s going to be rough to make any of the stretch goals, but we’ll do what we can! We will greatly appreciate any advice on improving our visibility.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-06-12

PM

Hi, guys!!

I would say that the interview definitely helped—I try to personally reach out to everybody who backs us, and a lot of them have responded by remarking upon the interview, which always makes me blush! I can never believe people actually read the whole thing… But then, Ingmar is a fantastic interviewer, and he was really right on the mark with his questions, so I hope you all enjoyed reading it!

In any case, I’ve been recently working on contacting various other media outlets, keeping our backers updated, and coming up with new content to show you all. If anybody has any questions at all, feel free to contact me personally, either on here, on Kickstarter, on Facebook—wherever! I’m always happy to address any thoughts and concerns one-on-one.

And Veru, let’s not forget that Corey Cole gave us a shout-out just recently on the Hero-U forums… I nearly fainted!

Joined 2013-06-05

PM

LaneyBerry - 24 June 2013 10:13 PM

... I nearly fainted!

Yeah right… guys, she like totally fainted.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-06-12

PM

Veru - 24 June 2013 11:11 PM
LaneyBerry - 24 June 2013 10:13 PM

... I nearly fainted!

Yeah right… guys, she like totally fainted.

Oh, hush, you. You’d do the same if the creators of games you’ve been replaying since you were in the 4th grade gave YOU a shout-out! ;P

Joined 2013-06-05

PM

I’d like to add that our KS Update #8 gives a great deal of fresh insight into our UI and game design philosophy: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1645187100/the-st-christophers-school-lockdown/posts/519692

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top