• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Welcome back! 

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

Okies! I gotta stop lurking and make my first post after several years!

This looks nice and schmick! Grin

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-06-07

PM

Marek - 19 May 2012 07:50 PM

There’s a mark forums read button on the forum home page.

Can you add it to each forum like the old one? That is standard with most forum software.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Woo! I even got myself an avatar to celebrate.

I like the new site, but aren’t the forums missing a function to track new posts in threads? There doesn’t seem to be a way to tell what topics got a reply since the last visit, or to go to the first unread post in a thread. Maybe I simply haven’t found them.

Oh, right. The pinned threads don’t change appearance when you have read them, but normal ones do. I’m still missing a link to the first unread post in each thread, though.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Why is it that when I consume alcohol, I come back to my computer witnessing some miraculous change to my favorite hub?

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Looking good. It’s certainly an exciting time for adventure games—the perfect time to upgrade the site I’d say. Will sort out my avatar and signature when I get the chance.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-10-11

PM

Looks sublime! Further investigating is needed to evaluate how the forums behave on a revisit.

In laziness I used one of the standard avatars of this new forum. Can’t quite match the big chiefs one… yet. Excellent avatar Marek.

Run you pigeons, it’s Robert Frost!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thumbs Up  It looks good, Marek!  When I couldn’t log on to the forums yesterday, I figured you and your crew were making the change.  This morning, I had a rush of brains and just went to the main page to get here.

Oh, and I like your new section of Mac games!    Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Now that i’m sober, I really like the new site design. Grin It works so well. I just find it way too counter-intuitive that you have to mark all unread from the main forums page and not individual forums. Meh

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not a whole lot to complain about. Well, maybe a few things. Would have been nice to be able to go to archives and right-click/copy/paste my avatar into the new system. That doesn’t seem possible, so I am stuck with nothing for the time being. I REALLY don’t like message counts being reset to zero. We spent years creating some sort of credibility, and now I have to post 100 messages just to become a “senior member” again. That’s just nuts. And having to try to re-create threads is a bit time consuming, assuming I knew how to do it. E.g., I will try to get a Casual Games thread up and running. How did some threads with 100+ posts manage to get transferred in their entirety?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

rtrooney - 20 May 2012 08:47 PM

We spent years creating some sort of credibility, and now I have to post 100 messages just to become a “senior member” again.

LOL! Hey, my old post count makes me way more credible than you! Not to mention that guy in Chit-chat with an incredible credibility, who had accumulated 6000+ posts with nothing more than —- or .-. or ...

How did some threads with 100+ posts manage to get transferred in their entirety?

Please point me to those threads.  Tongue

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I REALLY don’t like message counts being reset to zero. We spent years creating some sort of credibility, and now I have to post 100 messages just to become a “senior member” again.

If you really think your (or anyone else’s, for that matter) CREDIBILITY depends on the number of posts you’ve (they’ve) made - you’re wrong. At least in my book.

There are some people around here who wrote hundreds of posts that don’t amount to doodly-squat. Quantity does not equal quality (or credibility).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

zobraks - 21 May 2012 05:09 AM

If you really think your (or anyone else’s, for that matter) CREDIBILITY depends on the number of posts you’ve (they’ve) made - you’re wrong. At least in my book.

Tsk, tsk… look who’s talking! Only six measly little posts. I have eleven (!) posts.

There are some people around here who wrote hundreds of posts that don’t amount to doodly-squat. Quantity does not equal quality (or credibility).

Now you’re talking.  Innocent

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Would have been nice to be able to go to archives and right-click/copy/paste my avatar into the new system. That doesn’t seem possible, so I am stuck with nothing for the time being.

Should be possible as others have done it. Maybe log into the archive forums and go to your profile if you can’t find the avatar pic, and save it from there.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

And who are they? Would I be one of them by any chance? Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DustyShinigami - 21 May 2012 08:56 AM

And who are they? Would I be one of them by any chance? Shifty Eyed

Nah… DustyShinigami he doesnt mean you by anychance

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top