• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quantic Dream to reveal a new game at Sony’s conference at E3. 

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2006-05-18

PM

I can’t wait for this game.

I am not a fan of the Heavy Rain “is it an adventure game, isn’t it?” debate because I always was 1005 positive it was, until I read “Twisty Little Passages,” and now I’m not so sure.

That being said, it is absolutely the best game I’ve played since Riven. I can’t wait for more. I don’t want to wait either (but I’m so backlogged with games anyway…)

“The ability to dream is all I have to give. That is my responsibility; that is my burden. And even I grow tired.”
― Harlan Ellison, Stalking the Nightmare

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2009-12-24

PM

yeah the plot really fell apart in heavy rain. i love indigo prophecy though.

im excited for this because its not a murder mystery, its just a sci-fi story, something he did an alright job with in IP.

also ELLEN PAGE!!!

i love her. so excited just on that alone.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I was watching an interview between Geoff Keighley and David Cage where they said Beyond would have more of a focus on action and more control over the character.

I’m very happy with the latter but very confused with the former. I could have sworn at least half of Heavy Rain was spent in a fight, chase or escape scene and I was playing pretty well having gotten the perfect ending on my first run.

With this preliminary information, I have to say Ellen Page is the major draw card to this project for me at the moment. The graphics are stunning too.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Another PS exclusive? Damn it. Frown

I have nothing against consoles but do my gaming on the PC and have for many years… so it pains me when a game like Heavy Rain or this is made an exclusive. I was delighted when L.A. Noire and Alan Wake were ported to the PC, hopefully this will too some day.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

That 25-min demo already contains more QTE elements than I can handle after Heavy Rain. Seriously, David Cage can do so much better than exploiting such a dumbed down gameplay.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2006-05-18

PM

thejobloshow - 10 June 2012 09:02 AM

I’m very happy with the latter but very confused with the former. I could have sworn at least half of Heavy Rain was spent in a fight, chase or escape scene and I was playing pretty well having gotten the perfect ending on my first run.

I’m guessing this is an attempt to try and open up gameplay to more than QTE, and less to staged sequences. Heavy Rain was a collection of scenes. Sure, you could wander around, but mostly you were in the hotel room, or at the police station. This is my own speculation…

I have no complaints about Heavy Rain. The only, only thing I thought was odd was how the game took place in our world, except for this Special Agent who had super secret sunglasses which turned his desk into an aquarium and analyzed clues. It put the world in a strange sci fi surreality which seemed at odds the stark reality of the rest of the game.

That being said, I love Heavy Rain so much I can barely contain how much I enjoyed it - and how proud I was to see a game outside of the adolescent tropes so common in gaming. It was an adult experience.

Wait, that sounded dirty. You know what I mean.

“The ability to dream is all I have to give. That is my responsibility; that is my burden. And even I grow tired.”
― Harlan Ellison, Stalking the Nightmare

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I prefer games of David Cage or adventure game new IPs that are QTE centric
in gameplay over difficult action/platformer/adventure/Stealth game franchises like Tombraider, Splintercell and Prince of Persia toned down to QTE and Auto Pilot for
masses. Its ironic people hating QTE in HeavyRain digest Splintercell, PoP easily and loving new TombRaider approach.
I am pleased that we can control the Entity to manipulate things, that will give
room for puzzle solving and freedom of tampering with environment,theme wise Paranormal/Psychological i would say not Sci-fi.

i.minus.com/ikWGnh1aJdp8W.jpg

Amazing Poster. Cage says that against normal games HRain finish rate was high,
i wonder how much Entity control will hamper casual gamers to stop playing the game.
On other hand E.Page will drag the consumers into it, specially if promoted like that
on Poster.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

This David Cage is an interesting fellow;

David Cage on grief, game design and Beyond: Two Souls

The writer and director of the Quantic Dreams game Heavy Rain tells us about his new title, Beyond: Two Souls, and why games have much to tell us about life and death

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/jul/04/david-cage-beyond-preview

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top