• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Whispers of a Machine sound design.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

There was something pretty cool about it, that i haven’t heard before at an adventure game at least, i visited the whole OST tracks and started to remember how the transition of the themes from one scene/location to another was always so smooth, tho almost every location had a different one, so i load the game again but i settled for a video walkthrough run and i found out how this was made; there was no way the sound design (transitions) alone can be that smoothly crafted whether the sound engineer was a genius or whatever, but the tracks themselves were ALL made/composed at one exact tempo (90-BPM to be precise), and when i had to look the game credits i was sure the Music and Sound Designing are made by the same person and that was that!

Really brilliant, i love a game with different (in-Game) themes, but i also love them to be connected as much as different and this plan of ‘Jacob Lincke’ who from what i dug up about him was his first time kinda approach as it also the 1st time he has made both jobs at one project. Awesome! and Chapeau!.. Something really cool i really wanted to share here.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Agreed, the sound design is one of the things i liked most. I truly believe this game is nearly a modern masterpiece like technobabylon.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

. I truly believe this game is nearly a modern masterpiece like technobabylon.

I totally agree, the game is amazing. Looking for more from this talented team. And yes, the sound design did help quite a bit.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Mikekelly - 16 June 2020 09:42 AM

. I truly believe this game is nearly a modern masterpiece like technobabylon.

I totally agree, the game is amazing. Looking for more from this talented team. And yes, the sound design did help quite a bit.

Heart

yep to me the game is subtle, take the world building, its all there but it is in the background and it is up to the player rather they want to delve into it or not.

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I don’t know if voice acting counts as a sound design, but I an really impressed with that aspect as well.

I mean I haven’t got past day 1, but so far, a it’s phenomenal.

Little subtle things like there’s this picture the protagonist carries with her of a man, and the way she says his name just helps you understand the complicated feelings around this person.

AS Jdawg says about the world building, there are a lot of subtle clues left about the collapse, and pre-collapse worlds, even in addition to the obvious set pieces.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Celebreon - 16 June 2020 02:51 PM

I don’t know if voice acting counts as a sound design, but I an really impressed with that aspect as well.

I mean I haven’t got past day 1, but so far, a it’s phenomenal.

Little subtle things like there’s this picture the protagonist carries with her of a man, and the way she says his name just helps you understand the complicated feelings around this person.

AS Jdawg says about the world building, there are a lot of subtle clues left about the collapse, and pre-collapse worlds, even in addition to the obvious set pieces.

yep a lot of details both big and small packed into the scenes of each screen

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top