• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Shameless info gathering from dev - your experience with consoles

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

Yes, shameless, because, obviously, I want to use this information for personal gain.

Anyhoo - have you played adventure games on consoles? I am asking this question since the game I am making have a platformer layout and I have some mechanical problems to solve. Problems regarding control and playing with a controller - how to incorporate it into point-and-click. If you could share your thoughts, good or bad experiences regarding playing with a controller, it would be oh-so-awesome. And not just for me - plenty of devs are here and will be here. Teach us to be better Smile

Upon answering you can get yourself a nice glass of whiskey karma-free!

Olafs

GRUNND.COM
A game, occasional podcast.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Controllers work fine on adventure games. I have played many on the PS4 and the controller worked just fine.

Detroit Became Human is a real standout.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2020-01-20

PM

If you try Broken Sword 5 on PS4, I think that’s a pretty nice setup. Works just fine. Most devs of bigger games have abandoned the whole sounds coming from controller now which is great. It was a horrible idea in the first place. That’s the only thing I don’t like.

Another one is Life is Strange (first one only). It’s a bit more trickier but playable.

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Sure, I have no issues with playing adventures on consoles. The key is to have direct control over your character I think. Dragging your cursor around with analogue sticks is a pain.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am pretty sure the PS4 market for adventure games is very robust. I myself have a ton of them and all of them play very well with a controller.

The trick is, for the given platform is to make sure that the controls work for that given platform, for example, for the iPad make sure the touch controls work well.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2018-11-09

PM

Aha! Tried out Kentucky but this time with a controller. When the vertucality is introduced, they use visual prompt. Figures.

...I guess it’s now a perfect time to replay this one Smile

GRUNND.COM
A game, occasional podcast.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top