• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The site hijacking continues… [fixed]

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Those of you who got redirected to other sites should probably consider to scan your computer for malware, virus etc. As far as I know, some of those sites is a way for scammers etc. to gain access to your computer. At least check the support pages of the anti-malware software you’re using.

EDIT: It’s sometimes possible to go to the help page for the specific malware/virus via the warning message.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Fien - 30 May 2012 11:31 PM
Zin - 30 May 2012 11:20 PM

Another Microsoft Security Essentials user here. No warnings or strange behavior to report.

Same here. Is that good or bad.  Shifty Eyed

Assuming that being redirected to websites featuring naked people can potentially make funny things with your Windows installation, it’s all good for us.

Innocent

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Just had your site hijacked again to an objectionable site.  I’ve scanned my computer with several antivirus software programs, one of which I use regularly and am entirely sure it’s not my machine.  It doesn’t happen with any other site either.

This has been happening too often and I am going to just opt out of coming here for a while much as I hate to. 

I wish you good luck finding out what the problem is.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Really sorry you’re still having issues. I’ve searched through our systems and there’s no sign of malware. As far as I’m aware the site has been clean from Tuesday, and I don’t see signs of a new attack now. 

Perhaps you can try completely clearing your browser cache. It might be that there is a malware file lingering in the cache folder. That’s the only way I can explain this still happening atm.

Retired AG founder

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Thanks for your reply Marek.  I’ll give that a try and cross my fingers.  I appreciate that you all are trying very hard to get the glitches worked out.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

From whom still suffer from that attack:

antivirus does not really help! as this attack throws a kind of worm the generates itself again everytime its deleted , it must be deleted manually ,as i said before it remains at C:UserAccountAppdataLocaltemp (folder)..

anyone had this issue must restart the computer and use the antivirus before opening any web page the anti virus will detect a Maleware/infection , then one must open the virus chest and follow the infection, probably it will be under the name (afbdbfdacdct.exe),or maybe not but that how it was in my situation .

the problem that it can move it self also to C:\ProgramData , and you can not see it in either folders unless you apply to view hidden files and folder.

so after doing this i deleted my Browser (Firefox)  installed Google Chrome and all things has going very well with me since then, as i really suffered from that attack ,much!.

i hope that experience would help a bit to contain/understand that issue.

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

As a followup, I believe I’ve found the culprit.  It’s actually the Google Search result for the Adventure Forums I’d been using for a long time.  The real url has changed and it did not take long for the old url to be hijacked.  I sent a PM to Marek with the url and name of the trojan as reported by Avira.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

I haven’t run into any problems (yet). I’m using Avast.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

sigh… its been a while… but weve defeinitely been hit again. Threads crunched together and getting detections.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Yep.  We’re aware.  Just a matter of getting it cleaned up. 

Doesn’t it suck that pitiful excuses for human beings have nothing better to do than destroy things?  Shifty Eyed

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jackal - 13 June 2012 08:48 PM

Doesn’t it suck that pitiful excuses for human beings have nothing better to do than destroy things?  Shifty Eyed

i guess these intense matters , are not happening by chance , its more like ; Envy , maybe hatred as well… and you never know, it might be someone you knew or worked with long time ago.

i had group and i assigned a co worker to be an admin with me in it at FB , and when we had an Bloody argument ,imagine what he did!, (HE DELETED THE GROUP) after i had Collected more than 2K ! in more than a year of working on it..

so pathetic

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

don’t know if anyone else has posted this but i can’t see the content of any threads now, just a row of lines Frown there have been major hijack attempts today, Avast warned me about 20 times in a row when i went on the site.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that was like 10 hours ago ,did check later but now is fine and it happened before, and its not about that this Hijack issue i guess, it is about some modifying at forums

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

yeah it’s ok now, the hijack thing is getting ridiculous though, i wonder why it’s happening since the new site/forums, did someone mess up some security permissions somewhere?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont know but i Pity Mr.Marek for All the intense work he is on since the launch ... but i am sure all these issue he will get around and very soon, we needn’t to complain a lot, i guess he is aware of all that, working already and doing all what would satisfy us at the end

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top