• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Black Mirror Series, who has played them?

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

Hello, I’m thinking about getting Black Mirror 3 because BM1 was a great game. What’s making me unsure about getting BM3 is that I am currently playing BM2 and it is a terrible game due to it’s insulting simplicity and complete lack of difficulty. It’s like a click-through story book.

Could someone tell me please, is BM3 more like BM2 or is it more like BM1?

Thanks
Astralogic

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2009-04-17

PM

I am one of the biggest fanatics there ever will be of the Black Mirror series…

Even though the gameplay and graphics differed a lot between the first and third part, but overall my experience with this series was exceptional! the story of all the parts, specially the first and third parts is so immersive that you actually start to feel u are part of it!!

ps: i wished they would’ve continued the series as part 3 saw an abrupt ending and left a lot of important questions to be answered

MY RATINGS

Part 1) 9/10
Part 2) 8/10
Part 3) 9.9/10

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

Can you tell me what the difficulty is like in BM3? BM2 is so easy I doze off after 15 mins of “playing” it.

Joined 2009-04-17

PM

faceless42001 - 27 May 2012 03:10 AM

Can you tell me what the difficulty is like in BM3? BM2 is so easy I doze off after 15 mins of “playing” it.

Well the gameplay isnt any harder, but the mini-games are actually very good…. overall, its much about thinking how many items u need and where u can find them and how will u get them, rather than not knowing how to move further

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

You’d be better off skipping BM3.
My ratings
BM1: 9/10
BM2: 6/10
BM3: 4/10

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

Oscar - 27 May 2012 03:16 AM

You’d be better off skipping BM3.
My ratings
BM1: 9/10
BM2: 6/10
BM3: 4/10

This is exactly what I suspected to be true. Why do all adventure games these days have to be like this? You might as well watch a play-through on youtube of the whole game rather than actually “play” it yourself, it requires the same level of involvement.

Thanks for the input razmataz but BM2’s lack of any sort of difficulty makes it a real lousy game to me, therefore BM3 is gonna be just the same (if not worse) (to me).

It’s such a shame, because BM1 was absolutely fantastic, the characters the plot the gameplay, I honestly thought I had two up to date sequels that would rival the experience I had of the first one. But unfortunately (at least to me) Black Mirror is not a series, but one single gem of a game.

I will now return to playing BM2 (rather than uninstall it), I somehow really feel the challenge is around the corner, my mind can’t accept that someone would intentionally design a game like this, can it even be called a game?

Thanks (and sorry for ranting hehe)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’ve only played the first one. I really enjoyed it at the time even with the extremely depressing main character and bad ending.

I will get round to playing the other two as i’m curious to see what all the fuss is about. However it is rarely a good sign when the original developer isn’t involved in any of the sequels.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

The dark, gritty moody atmosphere was one of my favorite things about the first game Smile

Plus I’ve never played a game where you are an upper class noble. You’re usually just “some kid”, a completely uninspired character just so people feel a connection with the main character.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

I absolutely loved the entire series (1 and 2 were my faves—picking my favorite of those two is as difficult as picking whether I like GL1 or 2 more), but I can see why some didn’t. I’m more into immersion and story than puzzles and difficulty, whereas it understandably could be the opposite for others.

I can tell you that BM3 is pretty much more of BM2 with a bit of back story from BM1 thrown in. If you didn’t like the lack of puzzles in and ease of 2, then you won’t like 3. Plain and simple.

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

rottford - 27 May 2012 12:33 PM

I’m more into immersion and story than puzzles and difficulty, whereas it understandably could be the opposite for others.

I can tell you that BM3 is pretty much more of BM2 with a bit of back story from BM1 thrown in. If you didn’t like the lack of puzzles in and ease of 2, then you won’t like 3. Plain and simple.

I agree with all of this 100%

I loved BM2, but I actually enjoy games where you can feel totally immersed in the story without getting sidetracked by puzzles that are too difficult to figure out quickly without slowing down the story.

BM3 is very similar to BM3, although I didn’t enjoy it as much, I felt it just seemed to be missing something. Either way, it doesn’t sound like you would like BM3 at all. Sorry you were disappointed!

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2009-04-17

PM

rottford - 27 May 2012 12:33 PM

I absolutely loved the entire series (1 and 2 were my faves—picking my favorite of those two is as difficult as picking whether I like GL1 or 2 more), but I can see why some didn’t. I’m more into immersion and story than puzzles and difficulty, whereas it understandably could be the opposite for others.

Absolutely! if you are a kind of person who likes a gripping story and a lot of detailed conversations along with plenty exploration, you aren’t gonna find any better than the Black Mirror series

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I like all three games. BM2 is probably the best. BM3 is similar to BM2, but it feels more like a second half of that game rather than a separate story.

BM1, in my opinion, suffers a bit from excessive backtracking. There are moments you see an item and want to pick it up, but you can’t until you trigger an observation 10 screens away. Great game overall, but the backtracking becomes frustrating.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2006-01-03

PM

I’ve only played the first game. I thought it started out with a lot of potential, but ended up with way too many plot holes, along with that terrible ending. It had great atmosphere, but that’s about it. I consider it mediocre.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Black mirror Series stands as 2 parts for me, the 1st and the 2nd is divided into 2 episodes!! 
they are getting better and better with progressing into the games and reach its climax at the mid of the 3rd Part (amazing gameplaying!)...

i have no idea why would anyone consider part 2 of the series better than the 3rd!

anyways people who had never played any of the 3 parts they should keep in mind that the 1st differs so much from the others (2nd and the 3rd) so if you got dissapoited with the gameplaying of the 1st ,though it has the best crafted story of all the three parts , dont lose hope and continue the series .

i would Advice also new Adventure Games players to start with the 2nd and 3rd and play the 1st at last , of course the story is so much conected and shine from part to part but i guess other than that it will go smoothly except of some names and characters from the 1st whom would appear or mentioned in the 2nd & 3rd; parts, but will not affect the gameplaying or the ability to finish/understand the games.

Joined 2009-04-17

PM

Adventurere No.1 - 27 May 2012 05:07 PM

Black mirror Series stands as 2 parts for me, the 1st and the 2nd is divided into 2 episodes!! 
they are getting better and better with progressing into the games and reach its climax at the mid of the 3rd Part (amazing gameplaying!)...

i have no idea why would anyone consider part 2 of the series better than the 3rd!

anyways people who had never played any of the 3 parts they should keep in mind that the 1st differs so much from the others (2nd and the 3rd) so if you got dissapoited with the gameplaying of the 1st ,though it has the best crafted story of all the three parts , dont lose hope and continue the series .

i would Advice also new Adventure Games players to start with the 2nd and 3rd and play the 1st at last , of course the story is so much conected and shine from part to part but i guess other than that it will go smoothly except of some names and characters from the 1st whom would appear or mentioned in the 2nd & 3rd; parts, but will not affect the gameplaying or the ability to finish/understand the games.

totally agree with each and every word you wrote Adventurere !

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

LOL wut? Play the 2nd and 3rd games before the 1st one?

Doing this makes playing the first game nearly pointless, as there’s no incentive to figure out the mystery of the 1st game because you already know it from the 2nd/3rd games.

Play them in the order they were released.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top