• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04LBRTY

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Secret Files games

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I preferred 1st Nina but didn’t worship her. I liked both games. I hope I will like the third more.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

tsa - 27 May 2012 10:24 AM

I also liked the second one better.

What did you like about the second one? I prefered the first one. Currently on it Smile

My review site of Diablo 3 fast leveling guides

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Biggest problem with these games (and many other AGs nowadays… just finished A New Beginning, wonderful game, bad voice acting!) is the voice acting. The second is even worse than the first for shoddy voice acting IMO, but as a game the second edges it. I like this series a lot but IMO the second Chronicles of Mystery game (The Tree of Life), which has a similar style, is better than Secret Files and gets a fraction of the attention… but that’s probably just my personal taste being strange. Smile

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Wow, it always amazes me that people complain about the voice acting.  I didn’t like The Whispered World for the first few chapters, but, I got used to it, and then I got into the game.  I didn’t like the voice in GK1 of the narrator, and that was easy to get out of.  I play the game for the story, and most games have text with it, and of course, I can read faster than they can talk, so, most of the time I don’t hear their voices anyway.  Voices are such a minimal part of a game, at least to me.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Well I was expecting to see the voice actress of the first game in Puritas Cordis and when I realized they used a completely different actress it came as a shock to me because I REALLY loved her work on SF Tunguska.

Some people might say “she was average” or “she was ok” and I too have read somewhere that the company received many complaints about her or that’s what they say anyway….but for me that’s complete bull,I LOVE her sweet lively voice acting.

And hearing the second one talk is like….a teacher that tries to read from a text calmly after she had a sleep pill.

BUT I still hope I will somehow get used to it and move on with the game because I’m stuck in the ship and that’s still the darn beginning.

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I found the voice acting to be OK on both the first and the second. It is a matter of preference - many people really didn’t like the voice acting on the first secret files game.

Content

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

mbday630 - 04 July 2012 06:17 PM

Wow, it always amazes me that people complain about the voice acting.  I didn’t like The Whispered World for the first few chapters, but, I got used to it, and then I got into the game.  I didn’t like the voice in GK1 of the narrator, and that was easy to get out of.  I play the game for the story, and most games have text with it, and of course, I can read faster than they can talk, so, most of the time I don’t hear their voices anyway.  Voices are such a minimal part of a game, at least to me.

Well I have no problem complaining about the voice acting as it can sort of jar you out of immersion in the story sometimes, but it certainly hasn’t ruined the game for me. I wasn’t a huge fan of SF1 actually, but so far I am quite enjoying SF2, in spite of the fact that I think SF2 Nina’s voice acting is worse. I can get past the voice acting and enjoy a good story and gameplay.

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Stuart - 04 July 2012 04:43 PM

Biggest problem with these games (and many other AGs nowadays… just finished A New Beginning, wonderful game, bad voice acting!) is the voice acting. The second is even worse than the first for shoddy voice acting IMO, but as a game the second edges it. I like this series a lot but IMO the second Chronicles of Mystery game (The Tree of Life), which has a similar style, is better than Secret Files and gets a fraction of the attention… but that’s probably just my personal taste being strange. Smile

Chronicles of Mystery is on my list of games I want to play next! (The first one, The Scorpio Ritual.)

Like you, I am preferring SF2 to SF1 (as far as the game itself, voice actors nonwithstanding), so maybe that means I will also like the Chronicles of Mystery games even more Smile

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

I just finished playing SF2 (finally - I haven’t had many opportunities to play lately!) I definitely enjoyed it more than the first.

I actually really liked Max’s voice in this one. The voice ACTING wasn’t always good, but there was something about his voice itself I found appealing, and at times he did manage to deliver lines in an amusing way.

So, how do you all feel about SF3 in comparison to the first two installments?

EDIT: Ok, nevermind, I just found the other thread about the third game. Varying reviews, but I plan on giving it a try and seeing for myself!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top