• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Secret Files games

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I found the 2nd game to have better production values but the story was not as good as the first.

Generally, if you liked “Broken Sword” you should like both of these. The 3rd should have a much better story - which is lacking in both the 1st and the 2nd.

Sarcastic

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Mikekelly - 26 May 2012 04:09 PM

I found the 2nd game to have better production values but the story was not as good as the first.

Generally, if you liked “Broken Sword” you should like both of these. The 3rd should have a much better story - which is lacking in both the 1st and the 2nd.

Sarcastic

That’s nice to hear. I always liked the polish and potential of the SF games but agree that the plots didn’t really go as far as I would have liked. But now I am a bit more interested on the 3rd game.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Foinikas - 25 May 2012 11:28 AM

I wanna buy Lost Horizon but play.com doesn’t have it and the only Greek store that has it I think sells it for 30-40 Euros or so.

man i had the same problem…i wanted a hard copy.you won’t find it for less than 30euros.Also if you check out Amazon.co.uk be very careful and check out the page for info about the language and if there isn’t any check out the photos.if you see any german that is not your product unless you speak the language fairly well,talking from experience.but if you really want the hard copy i suggest you take the high road and buy it for 44.90 from game-explorers.gr.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I also liked the second one better.

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Wow, some pretty mixed reviews! I guess I will definitely have to give SF2 a shot then, just to see for myself Smile Thanks, everyone!

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

After the first batch of answers I ended up opting to start Art of Murder: Hunt for the Pupeteer instead of SF2, but now that I see other people preferred the second game, I will definitely give SF2 a shot once I am done with this game.

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2009-02-08

PM

Mikekelly - 26 May 2012 04:09 PM

I agree with this, the premise was much more memorable in the first one with the whole Tunguska incident, but the second was more well made and overall an improvement. The voice characterisations (at least in English) were better, though still not perfect.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Schneckchen ^.^ - 24 May 2012 08:07 PM

However, since you liked it enough to play through the first one, I would strongly recommend checking out Lost Horizon. It’s from the same developers and even better than Secret Files 1 or 2.

I agree with Schneckchen ^.^: if you like the first one enough to play through it, then by all means try out Lost Horizon. It blows both Secret Files games out of the water.

As for the Secret Files games themselves, I consider the first two to be pretty much of equal quality. Although it’s kinda hard for me to accurately compare them, since I played Tunguska on the DS, and Puritas Cordis on the PC…

Given the quality of Lost Horizon (which came after Puritas Cordis), however, I am curious to see what the third installment will be like.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

J-Boo - 28 May 2012 01:26 PM

After the first batch of answers I ended up opting to start Art of Murder: Hunt for the Pupeteer instead of SF2, but now that I see other people preferred the second game, I will definitely give SF2 a shot once I am done with this game.

Play both Secret Files games,they are worth it.That’s for sure!

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

So I just started Puritas Cordis. I am not very far into it yet, but so far I definitely am enjoying it more than I did the first one! Although it has been super easy so far (which is fine by me, I go for story more than puzzles and so I don’t like it when puzzles hold you up in a game, but I can see how people who are more into the puzzles would be put off by this).

I already knew from these forums that the voice actor for Nina was going to be different. But the problem in the first game wasn’t Nina’s voice, it was the voice ACTING, and this actress’s abilities are certainly no better. The way she delivers her lines is just so flat. Ick.

But I am liking the game so far Smile

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Okay, so this Nina’s voice acting is most definitely worse. No inflection whatsoever! Boo.

(Still enjoying the game, though!)

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

J-Boo - 03 July 2012 09:38 PM

Okay, so this Nina’s voice acting is most definitely worse. No inflection whatsoever! Boo.

(Still enjoying the game, though!)

I hate the new actress’ voice!It’s the only thing that keeps me from playing the game and instead play other adventure games.

It’s like…as if she’s trying to read a text without mistakes and that’s all!

No feeling,no spirit,no excitement,no sentiment.

The first game’s Nina had a fantastic voice.The voice actress gave life to Nina,she made her look lovely,funny,sweet,sometimes goofy.

In the second game you hear Nina talking in a ridiculously low-volume and calm way as if reading a paragraph at school or something. Shifty Eyed

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Developers should not listen to gamers so much. Naughty It’ll never be right anyway.
They got a different actress because there were so many complaints about the first Nina (at least that’s what I read somewhere)!

NB I liked the first one better too.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2009-04-20

PM

I enjoyed SF1 & SF2. But i i’d lean more towards the 1st one as the better game myself. Looking forward to SF3 either way   Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The 2nd Nina had her problems but let’s not assume the first Nina was perfect either - it’s clear she hadn’t really done much real acting before, and if she had it was pretty amateurish stuff.
It would be nice if they could find a balance, but I liked both Ninas. A voice actor has to be REALLY horrible for me to not be able to tolerate them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top