• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Secret Files games

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

How does the second game compare to the first?

I just finished playing the first, and I didn’t think it was anything special. It was entertaining enough to keep me playing until the end,  but it just seemed so anticlimactic to me…maybe just because the story will continue in the second game?

It was a pretty enough game, but I honestly didn’t give a hoot what happened to any of the characters. I guess they just weren’t able to make me feel invested in the characters and story.

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

well then let’s hope the third and upcoming game will change your mind Tongue.at least for the sake of the series and it’s developer.

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

jhetfield21 - 24 May 2012 03:43 PM

well then let’s hope the third and upcoming game will change your mind Tongue.at least for the sake of the series and it’s developer.

Well I haven’t played the second one yet. Do you think it’s any better than the first in any way, or are they pretty similar?

Either way I am sure I will end up playing it, since the options with adventure games aren’t extentsive - I kind of take what I can get!

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

tell you the truth the first is one of my favourites.and most people think is better than the second including me.but seeing as i’m so easily pleased no harm done for me Tongue.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

I also think the first one is better. However, since you liked it enough to play through the first one, I would strongly recommend checking out Lost Horizon. It’s from the same developers and even better than Secret Files 1 or 2.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-05-24

PM

Secret Files 1 > Lost Horizon > SF2

In my opinion. The only good thing about SF1 is the puzzles, which are very strong. The dialogue/voice acting just has to be endured. Lost Horizon is probably slightly better on this front.

I hear they’ve hired proper TV writers for SF3 though.

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Thanks for your input, everybody.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I liked both Secret Files. Not that they are amazing, but good and steady. Polished, smooth, pretty interesting, occasionally funny.

Lost Horizon then had more potential but the tedious mid chapters really rubbed me the wrong way and the overall score dropped below Secret Files games.

I think 1 and 2 are very similar, at most half a star difference Wink.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I Think Tunguska was slightly better. Not much, anyway

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Schneckchen ^.^ - 24 May 2012 08:07 PM

I also think the first one is better. However, since you liked it enough to play through the first one, I would strongly recommend checking out Lost Horizon. It’s from the same developers and even better than Secret Files 1 or 2.

No, it’s not from same developers. Secret Files 1 was made by Fusionsphere Systems. Lost Horizon is from Animation Arts.

see:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/secret-files-tunguska
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/lost-horizon

However, Secret Files 2 was developed by both; Fusionshpere and Animation arts:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/secret-files-2-puritas-cordis

And Secret Files 3 will be made only by Animation Arts.

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

I absolutely loved the first game,Tunguska,I found it very beautiful,smart and I loved the voice acting mostly Nina’s.

I am playing the second game these days and I hate hate hate Nina’s new voice!It makes me so angry.I just LOOOOVED the first voice actress.

Apart from that I think it’s a good game but still the first one will always have a special place in my heart.I simply adore it. Heart

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2008-12-23

PM

I liked the first and hated the second.

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

MoonBird - 25 May 2012 12:27 AM
Schneckchen ^.^ - 24 May 2012 08:07 PM

No, it’s not from same developers. Secret Files 1 was made by Fusionsphere Systems. Lost Horizon is from Animation Arts.

see:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/secret-files-tunguska
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/lost-horizon

However, Secret Files 2 was developed by both; Fusionshpere and Animation arts:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/secret-files-2-puritas-cordis

And Secret Files 3 will be made only by Animation Arts.

Huh. Well I was going by Wikipedia and the Animation Arts website… maybe they got it wrong Tongue Either way they’re all great games but I liked Lost Horizon the best because it has that Indiana Jones feel to it. And the male protagonist is a lot more likeable.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

I wanna buy Lost Horizon but play.com doesn’t have it and the only Greek store that has it I think sells it for 30-40 Euros or so.

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

I know steam has it for like €20. Not sure if the Greek Steam is any different.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

J-Boo - 24 May 2012 09:35 PM

Thanks for your input, everybody.

Don’t listen to them.

Second one is way better. WAY better. I was like you and snored my way though SF1, while SF2 was actually pretty enjoyable with much better voice acting.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top