• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 29 September 2018 04:43 AM

Nothing in-game supports that cover art.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

He looks even cooler in Larry 3

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 29 September 2018 07:07 AM

There is the suicide screen. Though you need to wait till the game timer runs out to see it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you cant judge larry look over LSL1 as Larry, Sonny and Roger even Graham all had the same design model at that time.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 29 September 2018 07:07 AM

To be fair, how are you going to convert that cover art into 20 pixels? You could give Rembrandt a PC and a few pixels and he wouldn’t be able to come up with anything resembling it more.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

lastest Update

Larry’s voice is to be recorded with the voice of Jan Rabson who voiced Larry in the previous games Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Here’s Jan as Tetsuo in Akira:

This is great because that voice was just as vital to Larry’s branding as his leisure suit. Now fingers are crossed for Neil Ross as the narrator.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

If they haven’t even recorded voices for the protagonist yet, maybe they shouldn’t have released a teaser video where Larry speaks. That’s not very good PR to showcase something which isn’t the final quality of the product, with no disclaimer even!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

it was because that teaser they were under the LSL fan pressure and influence to change the actor.

it happens much these days, and i can’t say it a good thing, it was one of the reasons that wrecked Dreamfall: chapters.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

But if they can get the original actor now, why couldn’t they before they released their teaser? Did they even bother to try???
He should’ve been the first choice from the get-go.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 11 October 2018 08:12 AM

But if they can get the original actor now, why couldn’t they before they released their teaser? Did they even bother to try???

Yea.. Although I have to say, good call on switching to the original actor. His voice was great and spot on for me. It’s always awkward returning to IP you’ve known for a long time and suddenly having different voices. Immediately puts you off.

They should update their trailer, would resonate way better with original fans of the IP.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 11 October 2018 08:12 AM

You know, a lot of what they’ve said has come out more or less like they just didn’t bother to try, just like with Al Lowe or his role, or lack thereof, with this game.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tomimt - 11 October 2018 09:23 AM

You know, a lot of what they’ve said has come out more or less like they just didn’t bother to try, just like with Al Lowe or his role, or lack thereof, with this game.

This makes me question their respect for the source material and their motivation in general.

There’s no better way to ally yourself with the Love For Sail fans AND distance yourself from Magna Cum Laude and Box Office Bust, than saying “We’ve involved Al Lowe, and we got Jan Rabson to voice Larry” from the start.
If I was spearheading the project, involving them would be the first two tasks on the to-do list…

“Not bothering” is iffy. Frown

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

they are fucked yp, they shouldn’t have brought em in since they did not from the start.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Asked them on Twitter, their response:

The voice from the gameplay trailer was from an early recordin from the full game (er have already recorded 20-25% with the previous actor) but we will rerecord the full character.

So, they were definitively on a different path initially, but stepped back and are re-recording with the original actor. Good call.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top