• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckydiego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I just discovered gog…

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Lol I just discovered gog,I mean I finally bought a game from there,Simon the Sorcerer.I am pro-retail games,I prefer to buy games on DVD with their box and manual but I just took a chance since my best friend’s card had some of my money and decided to buy the game from gog.

So gog.com actually let’s you play old game with perfect synch meaning NO compatibility problems,right?

Because I’ve been meaning to play a lot of old games but many of them had compatibility problems.For exame the Space Quest collection that I have on original DVD has some problems with my Windows 7 PC and my Windows Vista laptop.And I got Broken Sword 1 and 2 DVD collection today and there are still some stupid problems playing it on the PC.

But…if gog let’s me play old games with no problems then WOW! Grin

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

on each game’s page itl mention what OS’s its confirmed to work on. I think everything should be fine with windows 7 now.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I had Simon the Sorcerer on the Amiga and thought it was simply wonderful. Good to see you can still buy it today!

Grin

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Simon is a bit of an annoying kid though lol Tongue

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t mind him in 1. He gets worse as the series goes along, so if you find him annoying now, wait until 5 Naughty

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Which one do you think I should buy:

Chaos happens or Who’d even want contact?

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I agree with Oscar, Simon 1 is the best, Simon 2 is really good, Simon 3 is good (if you can handle keyboard and carnival games that are dang near impossible to win) and Simon 4 isn’t that great, and Simon 5 isn’t that great, IMHO.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Foinikas - 25 October 2012 06:32 AM

Which one do you think I should buy:

Chaos happens or Who’d even want contact?

Chaos Happens. It got some bad reviews but I enjoyed it, and I can’t imagine anyone preferring Who’d Even Want Contact - I wanted to throw it out the window after the first 10 minutes. Maybe check youtube playthroughs of each to see which one you prefer?

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Lol why is it so bad?Actually I read some stuff about the Chaos Happens game and yeah they only gave it like…what 2,5 stars?

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

GoG is great and I love supporting them because they’re DRM free and bringing back old games to new audiences. However, out of the more than 120 games that I own on GoG, a lot of them do have compatibility issues. Most of these can be solved though with some minor tweaking and help that you can find in the forums and I don’t think I’ve bought a game that was totally broken yet.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top