• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Halloween games.  Are there any?

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

I want to be clear. I don’t just mean games that have a supernatural or horror component.  What I mean is, are there any adventure games based around Halloween itself that draw on the mythology of the best of all holidays?  I’m at a loss to find any?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Yeah, I’m curious too. Anything recommended tend to be just Horror adventure games. None that draw from Halloween itself.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Awfully strange seeing as how it would be the perfect hook into an adventure game…  Still looking to find one that wasn’t released circa 1986…!

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths
http://www.mobygames.com/game/tony-tough-and-the-night-of-roasted-moths

I never got very far in the game to know if it was any good though.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Trick Or Treat: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/trick-or-treat

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Costume Quest; sort of a blend of adventure/RPG though…Double Fine game, however.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

That’s a good question. A Vampyre Story and Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon are recent games (both from 2008) that I really enjoy playing at this time of year. They are not specifically about Halloween, I’m afraid.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

“Grim Fandango” takes place on the Day of the Dead.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I think all of the suggestions are still only falling into the realm of horror/scary/monster games. Only ones that came close was Costume Quest, Trick or Treat and Tony Tough. Dracula 3 and Vampyre Story don’t celebrate halloween. One being a gothic comedy the other just being a gothic adventure.

I know this may not be completely adventure, but I remember getting excited for this mod on halloween. http://www.moddb.com/mods/halloween-2005

Loved the original for Half-Life 1 too. Grin Its the spirit of halloween!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t really understand what you are after. Draws from halloween itself? Don’t most horror games do that? Aren’t ghosts, haunted houses and werewolfs drawing from halloween?

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Oscar - 24 October 2012 01:50 AM

I don’t really understand what you are after. Draws from halloween itself? Don’t most horror games do that? Aren’t ghosts, haunted houses and werewolfs drawing from halloween?

Oh my bad, I guess all horror games are like Costume Quest, Trick or Treat, and so on.

All of those mythos aren’t halloween. They are Mythos drawn from fairytales and various myths.

The difference is Black & White. On one hand, you have Dracula, Vampyre, Amnesia. They are just horror. Then you have Trick or Treat, Costume Quest, which acknowledges Halloween and uses it as a background, setting, etc. I’m guessing that’s what he was looking for because he specifically asked ‘adventure games based around Halloween itself’.

Vampires, Zombies, Frankenstein, Wherewolves do not come from halloween. They made halloween, yes, but thats like saying ‘This game has a tree in it, therefore its a game about christmas’.

Also Grim Fandago is Day of the Dead not Halloween. COMPLETELY different holidays and mythos.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Ah, I think I understand. Does it have to explicitly reference Halloween or can it be simply in the Halloween spirit? There’s a Goosebumps adventure game Escape from Horrorland which is a kind of cheesy horror/comedy featuring kids and parodies all kinds of scary figures, who are made to look like they are in costumes rather than being realistic. Lots of jack-o-lanterns too. It’s a game that feels like a halloween escapade without specifically mentioning it.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Oscar - 24 October 2012 03:34 AM

Ah, I think I understand. Does it have to explicitly reference Halloween or can it be simply in the Halloween spirit? There’s a Goosebumps adventure game Escape from Horrorland which is a kind of cheesy horror/comedy featuring kids and parodies all kinds of scary figures, who are made to look like they are in costumes rather than being realistic. Lots of jack-o-lanterns too. It’s a game that feels like a halloween escapade without specifically mentioning it.

haha, that’s game I forgot about. Definitely has a fun halloween vibe. Yeah, you’re definitely on the right track in my opinion, but only the OP has the final say. I wanted to make a thread like this, but forgot, then here and behold. Grin

Off-topic. Goosebumps had some awesome games. Escape from Horrorland and Attack of the Mutant (which was technically impressive in my opinion.). Both games were heavy on adventure which was amazing. Sad that adventure games lost there way with kids nowadays and now subjects like these are just ‘arcade fun’ and less ‘ADVENTURE’.

EDIT: Awww man, my childhoods coming back. I’m crying!

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Dude we already have 2 threads about Horror games/Halloween games.Why don’t you search a bit?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Foinikas - 24 October 2012 12:54 PM

Dude we already have 2 threads about Horror games/Halloween games.Why don’t you search a bit?

Because horror games and Halloween games are two totally different things. According to the OP.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Oscar - 24 October 2012 01:07 PM
Foinikas - 24 October 2012 12:54 PM

Because horror games and Halloween games are two totally different things. According to the OP.

Logic and the obvious states they are two different things, not because the OP said so.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top