• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

When do you usually play Adventure games?

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

For me the best time to play adventure games is at night,late at night when I’m relaxed,with only the TV playing or not,headphones on and enjoying the silence of the night with a great story.Because adventure games are like good novels.They are novels that you can interact with.

So this after midnight magical time is the best for me when it comes to playing adventure games relaxed and cozy…if it’s raining or snowing outside even better.

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

lol that sounds good. I like playing late at night too if I’m not too tired. If I am, I usually end up going with a shooter to keep me awake. I also like playing in the afternoon with some hot tea and something to munch on if the weather is bad outside.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

when i find an adventure that gets me hooked ... i am a one man adventure at a time ,when i wake up sometimes screens flashes in my head that makes me wanna start the game with a cup of coffee ,sometimes i wake up at night from bed because i can not sleep and seriously thinking about a puzzle/game and then i must leave the bed to try it.

yup! i am an adventures freak

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The BEST time is when you don’t have anything planned on a Friday or Saturday night. You can stay up very late, maybe order some Chinese… Dorky I know, but it feels so so good. Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thejobloshow - 22 October 2012 09:55 AM

maybe order some Chinese… Dorky I know, but it feels so so good. Smile

and now you spilled all the noodles on the keyboard Crazy

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I play PC games “when I have the time”. Which is usually one or two weekday evenings. Sometimes Saturday afternoons as well if the Mrs. has to work and I finish the housekeeping early enough.

Gaming on the DS is reserved for (extended) toilet breaks, and right before going to bed. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I play when I have time, which is far too often these days unfortunately. Currently replaying Myst Smile.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I agree late in the night is probably the best time. But sometimes, it can feel cosy to play it in the heat of the day, as the hot summer sun rays fill the room. Cool

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

In my job I work from home with flexible hours, so I play pretty much whenever I feel like taking a break from work. However, my favorite time to play is probably at night, when everything is quiet.

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

So glad we agree at playing at night guys Tongue

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Any time I can, but obviously the quiet, dark night time is most preferable. Total immersion.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Usually I play when I have an hour or so between appointments.  When I travel I take games on my laptop and on an old iPaq handheld crammed with funstuff from back in the day and books I’m reading.  (A lot handier than a tablet imo.  It’s also great for striking up conversations with people who want to know what kind of “phone” that is).

I have to be careful when working from home that I don’t get too engrossed.  The Five Cores has me putting off a couple of things I need to get to at the moment.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

So many people working from home… I must have done something wrong with my life.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

for me playing an adventure needs at least few hours in which your mind can concentrate at peace, so yeah, alone in the dark when everybody’s asleep seems like the perfect time. and the alone part is very important, cause if i’m not playing with somebody by my side (which I adore, but happens sooo rarely) I prefer adventuring on my own completely. So I guess those cozy sunday afternoons do the thing as well. All that matters for a good session is a chill mood and nothing on your mind to disturb your thoughts.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I play Adventure Games, or games in general whenever I feel like it. However, I also prefer to play in the evening when it’s dark. I also really enjoy playing on a rainy and cold day over the the weekend, just gets the mood right. I usually prefer to play with my headphone on, while sipping some good take away coffee. Also if I have a game that I really like, I tend to play for hours, and for days until I finnish it. I simply can’t put down a game that I get hooked on, especially if it’s and Adventure Game.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2009-01-02

PM

usually evening/night (with headphones), winter (and autumn) is good for gaming.
but it always depends on my free time and how good is the game i play. (i have plenty of old games on my to-be-played-next list, so i really do not play new titles, unless they are really good.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top