• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 21 October 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

One of the (many) games I finally got around to playing after discussing it in an AGSD thread was The Blackwell legacy. I liked it quite a bit, although it might have been a bit short and small.

(I then played the second one, and need to find some time to go on with the next two. So many games, so very little time…)

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I love all of the Blackwell games - wonderful voice acting, witty dialogue & good plots! I don’t mind the graphics but the games are worthy of better!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I tried the first one and thought it was mediocre. I need games with a lot of dialogue to be really well written, and this one was a lot less clever and witty than it believed itself to be.

And before anyone says it: yes it’s a small developer, and yes it’s a good effort Laughing

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

When I played the first one, the only complaint that I had was that it was too short and the ending was too sudden you’re going along, and suddenly out of nowhere you encounter the villain, and boom, the game is over. The same thing happens in the next two games as well But if I look at it as four parts of a single game, then it makes more sense. Apart from the length and the sudden endings, I liked the everything else about the games. The developer commentary was nice too.

I really like Wadget Eye’s games, not only Blackwell, but the all other ones they publish as well. Emerald City Confidential was really nice, and Gemini Rue was awesome. Even Puzzle Bots was very cute and fun.

The one thing that annoys me in adventures is when I get stuck for hours not knowing what to do. When that happens, I can end up leaving the game alone for months, and when I get back, I’ve forgotten half the story. I find that the difficulty level in their games is just right so as to not stall anywhere and it keeps moving nicely.

Cant wait for [s]Primadora[/s] Primordia to release in Dec.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Personally I’m not a fan of episodes, but this game was quite a nice exception for me. Though it couldn’t hype me the way Gemini Rue and Resonance did, i found the whole experience pretty enjoyable. The dialogues are just as witty as I like them to be. Joey’s character grew very much into me and I love every little comment he has to say. So far I’ve played the first three parts but I thinks they get better with each episode. Although I fancy Lauren much more than Rosa (and New York in the 70s was very moody), the third part really got me with it’s philosophy. Can’t wait to play the Deception.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

Lovely series of games, old school in feel and style. I’ve beaten all four and would love more of them.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Come on, a ghost detective sidekick? That looks like so much fun, I need to play this soon.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top