• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 25 August 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today, we have Return to Mysterious Island 2, a.k.a. “The final nail in Kheops’s coffin” (sarcophagus?). I think I liked it (though not as much as the first one), but I really need to replay it. I think I remember that the last part got really weird.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I liked both games very much.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

These are two games I need to play but haven’t gotten around to trying out yet. Which of the two are better?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 25 August 2012 04:13 PM

These are two games I need to play but haven’t gotten around to trying out yet. Which of the two are better?

RTMI2 is a direct sequel to RTMI, so you have to play them in order anyway. They feel pretty different. The first one emphasizes freedom and “natural” puzzles: you’re shipwrecked on an island, how do you survive, how do you get food, how do you make some essential tools and chemicals, etc. The puzzles feel very real, you get to do many things in the order you like, and there are usually multiple solutions for everything. After all those contrived adventures that only make sense if you accept all the time-honoured adventure conventions, RTMI felt like a breath of fresh air. RTMI2, on the other hand, is much more of a classical adventure, with more linearity, more contrivances (both plot-wise and puzzle-wise), but also with a stronger story and a longer playtime. I think it’s quite good, but it’s not special the way the first one was.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top