• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Alt-Minds, from the developer of Missing/Evidence

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Even though I’m yet to play the Missing series, I was pleasantly surprised to see the obvious spiritual successor - Alt-Minds is in the works.

I’ve never really understood how gameplay works in the originals (I’m really curious to find out), so I won’t even try to catch all these “revolutionary/gadgety” thingies being mentioned.

And talk about “blast from the past” and FMV - here’s the trailer.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Sounds exciting! A real-time, real-life adventure that lasts 8 weeks. I guess you could call it an advanced Alternate Reality Game. I’m in.  Cool

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2011-10-09

PM

I played the previous two games, although I had some problems with e-mails I was supposed to receive about clues and other things related to gameplay. I’m excited to see develop of this new game.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2004-02-18

PM

I loved In Memoriam, but I’m absolutely not interested in any kind of social network bullcrap.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kolorabi - 17 August 2012 10:27 AM

I loved In Memoriam, but I’m absolutely not interested in any kind of social network bullcrap.

^ This.

I’m not getting a Facebook or other account just for a game. They can get my mail address, and that’s it…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Adventure-treff has a good article about Alt-Minds. Apparently, the player decides to what extent they participate. It’s possible to skip puzzles, for instance. Every day the fictitious characters you interact with provide a summary of the events of the previous day and take care of unsolved puzzles. It’s even possible to watch the entire game unfold, like an interactive movie. Anyway, the first week is free, so no strings.

For those of you who speak German:

Sich acht Wochen lang jeden Abend dem Spiel zu widmen, ist durchaus eine fordernde Aufgabe. Sollte es zeitlich hin und wieder einmal knapp werden, ist dies aber kein Problem, denn am nächsten Tag gibt es stets eine Zusammenfassung der Ereignisse des letzten Abends und die fiktiven Charaktere sorgen dafür, dass die Aufgaben auch ohne den Spieler gelöst werden. So kann man zu beliebigen Zeitpunkten aus dem Spiel ein- und aussteigen oder bestimmte Aufgaben und Rätsel überspringen. Es ist sogar möglich, die gesamte Handlung von Alt-Minds als eine Art Thriller-Fernsehserie zu genießen. Hierbei dürften besonders die insgesamt 5 Stunden Videomaterial gute Dienste leisten.

http://www.adventure-treff.de/artikel/features/alt-minds.php

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, that made it a lot more interesting again.

Although I’m too much of a completionist to like watching a game go on “on its own” when I don’t play for a day.

Still, I loved the outside-the-box concept of In Memoriam, so Alt-Minds definitely has a lot of potential…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2008-04-03

PM

TimovieMan - 20 August 2012 06:41 AM

Although I’m too much of a completionist to like watching a game go on “on its own” when I don’t play for a day.

I asked the creators specifically about that. The player will be able to choose: either to skip to the newest contents, or use the so-called “catch-up” mode and follow everything at your own pace going through every day of the adventure and not missing anything.

www.hardydev.com - blogging about indie and underground adventures

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2006-11-21

PM

Fien - 18 August 2012 01:07 PM

Adventure-treff has a good article about Alt-Minds. Apparently, the player decides to what extent they participate. It’s possible to skip puzzles, for instance. Every day the fictitious characters you interact with provide a summary of the events of the previous day and take care of unsolved puzzles. It’s even possible to watch the entire game unfold, like an interactive movie. Anyway, the first week is free, so no strings.

This has definitely piqued my interest now.  Thanks for the heads up Fien.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
- Carl Sagan

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ascovel -

I asked the creators specifically about that. The player will be able to choose: either to skip to the newest contents, or use the so-called “catch-up” mode and follow everything at your own pace going through every day of the adventure and not missing anything.

Interesting! That “catch-up” mode sounds right up my alley… Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top